• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selections

Smurff

Any USMC who has recently selected please post selection results
Please include composition,
I.e. How many Jet, Helo, Tilt slots
and what NSS scores got what.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Well he's asking the wrong question the right way, (and in the right place to boot!), so it's not EXACTLY a "What percentage get jets?" cringe-producing question, but it's of a similar trend.

Honestly, if I knew the answer, I'd tell ya.

sniksnak

Flew Hornets when the Navy still did that
pilot
Today at Whiting, a bunch of Marines got J1 to Meridian. One guy actually wanted helos first, K-rock 2nd and got Meridian. Meanwhile, a Navy guy who wanted Meridian got Kingsville. Another Marine got C-130s.

Go figure.

Smurff said:
Any USMC who has recently selected please post selection results
Please include composition,
I.e. How many Jet, Helo, Tilt slots
and what NSS scores got what.

ThetaChi

pilot
RetreadRand said:
Dude, don't even try.

What's wrong with asking that? It was a specific question. I know that I would like to have known which way the wind was blowing when I selected.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
We had a guy get Ospreys here in Corpus. It was his first choice and he was the only Marine selecting. NSS unkown.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
ThetaChi said:
What's wrong with asking that? It was a specific question. I know that I would like to have known which way the wind was blowing when I selected.

exactly, I know that everyone was curious the week they selected about what kind of slots had been handed out recently, and everyone sat around speculating with their buddies. I guess dudes forget what it was like or just pretend that they didn't care.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
[Threadjack] Whats the deal with the tilt pipeline... is it expanding pretty quickly, or will it be a gradual ramp-up? Do most of you guys expect it to be pretty competitive? I've heard so many mixed opinions on the Osprey, and my curiosity is overwhelming my hesitance to speak up. I apologize for the threadjack-

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Why? Because it doesn't matter...a whole class of guys who all put Helos number one got P-3 Drafted...a bunch of guys with good grades who put JETS, HELOS, P-3 got E-2s...because **** changes so much that you shouldn't even bother trying to decipher trends...guess what?

There is NOT a method to the madness....

If he's selecting next week, it would at least give an overall TREND. The trend may be incorrect at his selection, but at least he has SOME idea, rather than none. Don't be so defeatist.

Lighten up, Francis...

Smurff

Selections Response.

Francis,
Don't call me dude...and if you are not interested in thread, feel free to shut the F*** up..

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
RetreadRand said:
yes, people do speculate...my point was that it really does not matter what everyone last week got because it all changes drastically...especially towards the end of the fiscal year...granted the Marines are much more consistent than the Navy in regards to selections...

As far as forgetting...nope...I remember as an SNFO what it was like, and as an SNA...I select in about 7 weeks, pretending not to care, nope...I just know enough about the Navy to know that what happened last week is not going to be what happened this week...especially when like I stated earlier in this thread a shlt ton of guys put helos helos helos and got P-3 drafted

I have seen a lot of disappointed Marines and Navy types the last 6 months because they thought they knew what they would get based on "trends"

QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, and its good advice, you really can't do anything about it and its not very predictable. I just think the waiting and speculating was all part of the experience. My advice would be "I'd tell you not to worry about selection, but I know you will anyway, so get hammered the night before and you won't worry so much."