• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Status Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STA-21-INTEL

In talking to the people who do the placement (a year ago) they said they look at: 1) If you have taken college level calculus and how well you did in it and 2) How long you have been out of school (how far removed from an educational environment other than Navy schools). They have a set number of spots to fill so if all the "must go" people are taken care of, they start on the "could benefit" people and work their way down to the "don't need it but I have a spot to fill anyway" folks. I have a feeling thats where a lot of the nukes I see fit in.

STA21pilot

Got It!!! Praise the LORD!

Selection Board Results for ET2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FY05 Seaman To Admiral STA-21

Click here for further information about this board.
Send feedback about this board.
OPTION SELECT STATUS
PILOT SELECT

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Selection Board Results for ET3

Selectees and alternates may contact the STA-21 office at.....

PROGRAM OPTION SELECT STATUS
UCLEAR SELECT

It just feels so much better to actually see it written. I was starting to wonder if I dreamed it when my LT announced my selection to our section.

Congratulations to EVERYONE who made it!!!
If you didn't, don't stop trying!

Selection Board Results for EO3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selectees and alternates may contact the STA-21 office at....

OPTION SELECT STATUS
PILOT SELECT

Props to sta21pilot (no pun intended), we all are aware of how hard you have been working for this. You have been an inspiration to me and I thank you for all of your posts. I really should have submitted more but I was just a little superstitious in that the more I talked the more I would be disappointed if I didn’t get selected. I am going to miss the Seabees but look forward to meeting all of you in NSI. I think we all will make a great team. To those that didn’t get selected, and it goes without saying, try again! Work on being well rounded and remember your package can never be too perfect.
Hoorah shipmates you should all be proud, selected or not.

STA21pilot

Just a few questions for you all.

1) Has anyone sent in their physical's and stuff yet? For Pilot's are you sending both the SF93, 88, 507's and the 2807-1 and 2808 forms?

The whole time medical is telling me, we don't use the 93's etc. And I'm like, "I know, I just need it for the program." And I just let the flight surgeon wrap it up. Now I have all the forms, and NASNI typed up a copy to be sent also. DAMN!

2) Are you guys/gals sending all your stuff individually or are you waiting to send it all together?

3) Has anyone who's taking classes now had trouble getting their applications (cause of transcripts) accepted ahead of final grades?

This is supposed to be so much easier once you make it. Now I'm moving my whole family in 5-6 months and we just moved in here last weekend. I guess all I can say is, ahhh, sweet stress.

STA21Pilot

Just fax it

I talked to Dan, the guy who helps sta selectees, and he had me fax it in to him and he sent it where it needed to go. It's been about three weeks now and haven't got my physical offically approved. Is it taking this long for anyone else?

Crowbar

None
Congratulations to all of you who were selected. You probably are and should be proud of yourselves. But I went through and removed names. I've already talked to the webmaster about this and he agrees that to protect yourselves, your names and other identifying information should not be posted in public forums.

Not bashing anybody, just be aware of that. Good luck and congratulations to all of you.

Crowbar

STA21pilot

eazymfme said:
I talked to Dan, the guy who helps sta selectees, and he had me fax it in to him and he sent it where it needed to go. It's been about three weeks now and haven't got my physical offically approved. Is it taking this long for anyone else?

Dan who???

BTW, are you guys getting into that BOOST/NSI link on the STA-21 web-site for DATA entry? I keep getting Microsoft access errors. No matter where I try to make the changes.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
etnuclearsailor said:
I was told by the NSTC reps not to mess with the NSI data entry page... apparently it's not actually being used.

They're telling the guys here that they are supposed to use that website. But, when my husband tries to enter his info, he keeps getting the same access errors.

Dan Seward is the guy that will answer any question you have about being selected. The number is on the STA-21 website.

STA21pilot

The Skinny!

Oh, Dan.

Yeah so I finally talked to Dan and sent him my physical stuff. I guess we still have to be "Officially Certified" by BUMED (and NOMI for aviators) before we'll continue. So we can't get slated at a school of our choosing until it's done.

I guess the web-site stuff is not needed now. Apparently it'll be fixed, but they won't need that info until we make it through this Part II stuff.

BTW, Dan said he has the availability of the NROTC schools. He told me there are 20 slots at the school I'm choosing. I guess there is still a time crunch here. Sooooo everybody else go ahead and relax until I finish getting my info back. :)

STA21Pilot :timebomb_

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I got mine last week. Nothing new in there. They just printed out the three instructions on the front of the STA-21 website and had a letter confirming your report date for boost/nsi. Oh and they told me I had to have all my stuff in by Dec 20th.

STA21pilot

How long ago did you get it?

I think my command's is lagging here. I've gotten a lot of letter's from NROTC schools, but no info packet. It's frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.