• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Status Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, This is to let people know if ya made it or not.

Well, I got the call from my OIC and I made IT!!! And I got pilot option as well. Man, I'm so happy I can't even explain.

JEEPER1219

I MADE IT!!! SWO

To all those that did not...don't give up...this was my 3rd package and all 3 I felt were strong.

To add to the joy...my wife will give birth to our first child tomorrow morning!!!

Congratulations to all that have made it...see you at NSI.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
Congrats to both of you!

And double congrats to you, Jeeper! :) I just had our second kiddo in March (a nice, healthy, 10+ pound boy.) Post the stats when your little one makes his/her appearance!

STA-21-INTEL

Congrats to you all. You think the wait to get picked up was terrible, wait til you see how long the next few months will seem as you wait for BOOST/NSI!!

STA-21-INTEL

Off of the STA-21 website there is a link to check your status. Once everything is updated (last year that was a couple weeks after the msg) it will say when you are to report and for what (BOOST or just NSI). If you don't see anything for a couple weeks, just call the number on the website and ask (don't do it yet, they're REALLY busy and you'll just piss them off). Just speaking for myself, I would have thought not many people would be going through BOOST, especially not Nuc's, but there are actually alot of people here and quite a few nuc's.

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Intel, How long was the average wait to leave the current commnad? To boost or nsi

STA-21-INTEL

There is a three month BOOST in the spring with follow on NSI and then there is the fall six month BOOST class (bigger) with follow on NSI. There is also a NSI class in the fall seperate from BOOST altogether for those people not going to BOOST. I am in the six month program (plus the two months of NSI) and I reported here the 21st of August. I will finally finish everything (BOOST and NSI) the end of April to start school summer term. It's sounds like a long time (and it is) but the BOOST program is actually pretty good in the fact that it is not a Navy school. It's actually, in my opinion, pretty tough and does a good job of preparing you. The seperate fall NSI class will graduate in the next couple of weeks I beleive to start college spring semester. I am not 100%, but I don't beleive there is a seperate NSI for the spring and I do know the spring BOOST is not as large. Basically, unless you get lucky and get the spring report date, you won't detach until late summer. Does this rambling help at all?

fc2spyguy

pilot
Contributor
Hey man, keep yer head up. This was my third attempt and finaly made it. I think one thing that definately helped me was additional college courses. Let us know if ya need any help.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
It's all good. This was my first time putting in for it. My familly and I have been discussing getting out, so this was one of the big factors in the decision. Now that I know I'm a non-select, we will see what happens. I may put in for the Army warrant program...who knows....maybe I'll stay in and put in another package next year. It's something that only time will tell. :icon_wink

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
etnuclearsailor said:
When do we receive word if we have to go to BOOST?

My hubby was told that the STA website will be updated toward the end of this week/beginning of next with all the pertinent dates and info.

Also, he was told (months ago) that nukes don't go to BOOST.

Status
Not open for further replies.