• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Status Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbeau

My CMC just broke the news to me also..... NON-SELECT. It was my first package so I was hopeful but I'm gonna go ahead and get going on next years package.. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE. CONGRADS TO THOSE THAT MADE IT!!!!!

STA21pilot

Does anyone know if Bupers Access has been updated for all of us applying???

That seems like my only means of getting an answer right now.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
bupers access should be updated tomorrow for individuals. Commands will have had notice for 48 hrs by then.

STA-21-INTEL

Nukewife: Thats not the case. I am in BOOST now and of the 83 of us here, I would guestimate there are about 12-15 nukes.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
STA-21-INTEL said:
Nukewife: Thats not the case. I am in BOOST now and of the 83 of us here, I would guestimate there are about 12-15 nukes.

Just curious, but do you know if the nukes that are there are sea-returnees or directly from the pipeline? I'm wondering if the info hubby got was for the guys who were still in the pipe...Well, I guess we'll have to see if he ends up having to go to BOOST- we had been anticipating that he'd be leaving for NSI in February, and starting college with the summer semester.

STA-21-INTEL

There are some of both, actually. We have some instructors from nuke school, some sub guys, some surface guys, etc. As for when you leave for NSI, I can say definitively, but I would bank on not leaving til summer if I were a betting man. I'm not certain, but as I said earlier, I beleive there is only the BOOST/NSI combo in the spring, no single NSI class. I believe the only plain NSI class is the one about to graduate now. I had the same expectation of leaving in the early spring and boy was I ever wrong! Good luck, though.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
I was also told, by CAPT Rubenstein when he came to visit NNPTC RE: STA 21, that nukes will start NSI in leat Feb/ Early March to begin college the following summer term. It would be a bummer if I missed that because someone thought I needed BOOST.

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
Don't knock BOOST. I was a conventional ET and I consider myself a farily intelligent individual; going to BOOST was the best thing that I could have ever done! Not only did it prepare me mentally for the rigors of college, but it also prepared me for the differences in thought and ideology between people. The college atmosphere is much much different than the Navy atmosphere, and it can be a challange to adjust for some. Beyond the preperation aspect, it was the most fun year I have had in the Navy. The Newport area is awesome! In fact, I plan on returning for the War College as soon as possible. Anyway, my main message here is that if you get selected to go to BOOST think of it as a good thing. You'll have a leg up on your compatriates when you get to college, and the preperation will definently help in your courses.

OC Scameheorn

Dennyism

Congratulations to all of you that made it, and best of luck next time for those of you that didn't. In my case, I am considering applying for the next time around. I would greatly appreciate, as I know many others would, if the people that made the selection would tell us what you believe made you stand out the most. If there is already a thread that my search did not reveal, please direct me to it. Congratulations again to the selectees.

STA-21-INTEL

I asked the nukes in my class about when they detach and the answer was that those who are staying nukes (ie the nuke option folks) go to spring NSI (and presumably BOOST if necesary) and the nukes who are going into other areas (ie core, pilot, etc) usually leave in the fall. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

I echo the sentiment of not knowcking BOOST. To be honest, I was pissed when I found out I had to come here, thinking I didn't need it. I'll be the first one to tell you that it has helped me ALOT!

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
I've already been to college, I am very familliar with the rigors and the different ideologies. I'm not knocking BOOST, only the time it would add to my process.

STA-21-INTEL

I can identify with that sentiment. I did two and a half years at Georgia Tech and they still decided to send me. There are guys here with less than a year left in college. Seems like a waste of resources to me...

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
I've heard (it might just be another Navy rumor) that they randomly select people to go to BOOST. I was told this by someone who went after I did (I was in the original BOOST program but was grandfathered into STA-21.) Who knows???

Status
Not open for further replies.