• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

selection dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe2surf

Anyone recently get selected for OCS? My recruiter says there's nothing until about Jan 2004! ! ! That's a heck of a wait!! 1.5 yrs.
It really bums me out that the wait is sooooo long. I'm hoping to hear from folks who have recently been selected that might have earlier dates than that. Please!!!!!!

ghost_ttu

From what I know (grain of salt) from what my recruiter has told me, is that they have zero 03 slots remaining. However they will release the 04 slots on 01May 2003 (but my guess they will release them early) If you are selected for one of those 04 slots then you would probably go to OCS as early as Summer 03, or as late as Spring 04.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
I got my slot a little under a month ago and I'm going to OCS in March of 2003. Eight more months!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

SmithS

I got accepted in January and I go to OCS in November of this year. My recruiter did tell me that they have a long wait right now.

ghost_ttu

Anyone give me some feedback, or a number to a recruiter that I can call to verify the information that my recruiter has given me? I'm mainly interested to know the validity of the Navy not releasing 04 SNA slots until 01 May 2003, and secondly the idea of me retaking the ASTB to be reconsidered for a 04 slot prior to the release of the slots. Any input is appreciated.

Stegall

I got accepted mid-December and my class date was originally 17Aug02. I had to have it pushed back because of school here in DC, and I was expecting to be pushed back a few months. Nope, one week later. Now my class date is 24Aug02.

Gabe2surf

16 Aug 03!!!!!!!!

Just want to make sure that is the correct date.?.? 14 month wait!!! Thanks for your info and everyone elses too. Got a good idea of what kind of plans I need to make.

RC

hey Stegall -
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

is there anyone else out there in 25 aug 2002?

kraused

Ryan, how old are you? I am 23 and was accepted for a pilot slot in the beginning of June and recieved an OCS date of august 03. My recruiter told me that the date was so far away because of the enormous amount of applications that were being sent to the selection board. The big priority is getting people to OCS that are coming up on their 27th birthdays. Just what I've been told.

ryan77

kraused, I'd be 26 in Sep 03. So while I'm pushing it, I'm not in danger of hitting the 27 year old mark in FY03. Perhaps your recruiter is correct.

I'm leaning towards not accepting it anyways. I wanted pilot, not NFO. Good luck!

corsair17

well, as long as everyone else is telling thier class dates, ill tell mine. I was selected about a two weeks ago (early july) and i dont go till oct 03. Guess ill work on that masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.