• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Search terms: Reindex, need help for you!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
Once again, agreed. That's why I like the wings idea. But thats just..... like my opinion, man. Or maybe we could give ghost119 a picture of a retainer and glasses strap for his avatar.

That's funny I don't care who you are.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
UInavy said:
I would, however, agree that a system to let newbies know who's sho in the zoon would be helpful. (For their sake.)

Or let us see which new person could be a legit source of information, seperating them from the rest of the pack without them having to make a lot of posts right off the bat.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe tags such as:

Primary (T-34), Primary (T-37), Primary (T-6), Advanced (TH-57), Advanced (T-44), Advanced (T-45), and a final one of an icon of aviator wings.

I dunno, something like that, if aircraft type doesn't do it for you or whatnot. I think some sort of information would be helpful for new guys.... either new guys who are starting out, or new guys who are winged aviators trying to figure out who the "players" are.

I know we can put this info under our names already... but those custom tags are fun and should remain custom.

Edited: I forgot NFOs, sorry guys.

Crowbar

None
Maybe tags such as:

Primary (T-34), Primary (T-37), Primary (T-6), Advanced (TH-57), Advanced (T-44), Advanced (T-45), and a final one of an icon of aviator wings.

I dunno, something like that, if aircraft type doesn't do it for you or whatnot. I think some sort of information would be helpful for new guys.... either new guys who are starting out, or new guys who are winged aviators trying to figure out who the "players" are.

I know we can put this info under our names already... but those custom tags are fun and should remain custom.

Edited: I forgot NFOs, sorry guys.

I think that was the whole idea way back when "custom user titles" started popping up. Then of course, people starting stretching it a little, now it's just a free-for-all when custom titles come into play (i.e. see mine). But how lines of text will be under our user names? I already have a custom user title and two more lines under that. Add another?
Anyway, maybe we should also have a choice of "PRE-whatever" to appease the people who haven't done sh it but think they have (and yes, I have removed the "pre" joke from my profile).

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The only thing to say about the platform list is an easier way for someone at a glance to see what folks to PM if they have a specific question. I like the platform under the user name as well. For UINavy, why not just put "Hornet" or "tactical carrier aircraft" if you don't want to thound tho thuper?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think that was the whole idea way back when "custom user titles" started popping up. Then of course, people starting stretching it a little, now it's just a free-for-all when custom titles come into play (i.e. see mine). But how lines of text will be under our user names? I already have a custom user title and two more lines under that. Add another?
Anyway, maybe we should also have a choice of "PRE-whatever" to appease the people who haven't done sh it but think they have (and yes, I have removed the "pre" joke from my profile).

Well, for one, you don't need Moderator AND Super Moderator under your name. Just Super Moderator would work. Most people wouldn't have that anyway, so I don't think it's much of a problem.

Who cares about the "Pre USNA" or "Pre OCS" or whoever. They don't rate an opinion anyway.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Perhaps start off with API- since thats the first time where you can gain access to the private forum anyway...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
I guess what I'm getting at is, yes, I understand people wanting a list of who flies what, but isn't that what a profile is for? Or a custom tag?
Bah. I'm just pre-API so my opinion doesn't count anyway.

How many people here fill out their profile or actually look? I look at profiles when someone I don't know is spouting off something I find questionable. Most of the time, there is nothing there, which will make me automatically treat them as a wanna-be.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I understand your concern, which is why I never have a face picture or my name on the board (though sometimes my first name pops up). That being said... hang out here long enough... it's not hard to figure out who someone is.
Have some balls man....put your name out there. We're not talkin super secret stuff on this board. You afraid of the boogey man or something?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sorry about that. Don't know how "VP" made the cut, and fellow rotorheads didn't. Guess I need to turn in my force trim button.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I back wing icons, nothing else. If you want the world to know about your platforms and hours, put them in your signature. I've also perused flightinfo.com and its gay. May as well take another "measurement" and post that as well.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
that's ok, "FezzCB" says "that's hot" enough to raise the queer-ometer for all of us.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
I back wing icons, nothing else. If you want the world to know about your platforms and hours, put them in your signature.
So something like this?

withwings.jpg