• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEALS: Officer v. Enlisted

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Well a profile would help understand your experience. Are you an officer? These things would help, and while I do agree with your statement that if they didn't want people off the street they wouldn't make that possible, I also understand that for certain people and circumstances going enlisted is the better option. Talk to some SEAL officers on whether its better to be enlisted or commissioned and you tend to get far different answers than you would with other designators...

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I think the attitude that being an officer is "better" is retarded. It all depends on what you want/need, IF you even qualify for either. Different strokes for different folks

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Mumbles and Zissou...

Is the dude who became an aviator a clone for Xerxes out of 300? If so, he's the registered badass IP at Vance right now.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
SOCNET

Forum full of prior NSW, SEAL and SWCC guys that love giving out advice and intel to people like you. Good luck with the PT.

Paddles

I think the attitude that being an officer is "better" is retarded. It all depends on what you want/need, IF you even qualify for either. Different strokes for different folks

I agree.

Never said "better," but would argue if you have the means to go to OCS then shoot for that and don't enlist. If you're main objective is SEALs, then talk to people in that community and take whatever you hear in Aviator forum with a grain of salt. However, for those civilians with limited military exposure, there is a big difference b/t officer and enlisted in regards to pay, QOL, career path, etc. and definitely don't take any advice from a helo bubba:icon_tong

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The dude who became an aviator a clone for Xerxes out of 300? If so, he's the registered badass IP at Vance right now.

He still had hair the last time I saw him, and he wore glasses. But he could be I guess, is he a Citadel grad?

S.O.B.

pilot
I agree.

Never said "better," but would argue if you have the means to go to OCS then shoot for that and don't enlist. If you're main objective is SEALs, then talk to people in that community and take whatever you hear in Aviator forum with a grain of salt. However, for those civilians with limited military exposure, there is a big difference b/t officer and enlisted in regards to pay, QOL, career path, etc. and definitely don't take any advice from a helo bubba:icon_tong

Agree. Your definitely better off taking advice from a guy who's only published credential is his screen name.

navy12

He still had hair the last time I saw him, and he wore glasses. But he could be I guess, is he a Citadel grad?

I took a trip to the glorious "PDR" with the VP guy wearing a big gold chicken on his chest. He is a Citadel grad that became an enlisted team guy, then got hurt, went to OCS and VP(f^cking over achiever!) We went out to eat rations after our scenic trip in Warner Springs and he told me that if he could do it all over again he would have went USMC enlisted instead of USN, after he finished the Citadel, so he could have done the USMC rifle team thing and then go Force Recon. Two very important things I learned from said "badass", 1) you may think that Pilot, SEAL, or whatever is the greatest thing in the world but there is always someone who has already done those things and thinks that it is not that hard or impressive 2) at the end of the day it doesn't matter if your E or O it just matters how much you supported the mission... Hoo Yah Chey!!

S.O.B.

pilot
I took a trip to the glorious "PDR" with the VP guy wearing a big gold chicken on his chest. He is a Citadel grad that became an enlisted team guy, then got hurt, went to OCS and VP(f^cking over achiever!) We went out to eat rations after our scenic trip in Warner Springs and he told me that if he could do it all over again he would have went USMC enlisted instead of USN, after he finished the Citadel, so he could have done the USMC rifle team thing and then go Force Recon. Two very important things I learned from said "badass", 1) you may think that Pilot, SEAL, or whatever is the greatest thing in the world but there is always someone who has already done those things and thinks that it is not that hard or impressive 2) at the end of the day it doesn't matter if your E or O it just matters how much you supported the mission... Hoo Yah Chey!!

3) When your 50 the size of your retirement check will matter.