• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEAL/SPECWAR questions

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
There used to be a Hooters just outside of Providence in Warwick. That blows...
It may still be there...could be operator error on my part when I was mashing buttons on the Hooters locator machine.

froggystyle

I know this was alluded to above, so maybe I missed the exact answer, but why would a prior E go warrant or LDO vs URL? I have heard what you mentioned about basically "staying in the fight" by commissioning mostly to "start over" before getting shoved behind a desk, so what's the difference in utilization of a new Warrant, LDO, or URL SEAL O?
An enlisted guy might choose to go warrant because 1) they are passionate about training/changing the community via that vehicle 2) they are tied down with a lot of family obligations and realize that warrants will rarely deploy overseas (as stated earlier they are heavily utilized in a training capacity), or 3) they hate O’s and, similarly, are not fond of senior enlisted duties in the Teams either. LDOs used to exist in the Teams but don’t anymore (could be wrong but I’m pretty confident). The Teams have a hard enough time trying to figure out what to do with warrants, we don’t use the LDO program for the very same reason.

froggystyle

In the Teams what you’ll realize is the best rank is E6. You’re senior enough to push the younger guys out of the way and maximize your own shooting opportunities overseas and yet you are not senior enough to have all the administrative obligations. If you ask any frogman if they could stay an E6 shooter forever, would they? The answer would be 99% yes

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@froggystyle...in your opinion as a very successful SEAL, what qualities to be successful regarding BUD/S and SEAL training have you experienced and witnessed?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Easy day @mad dog . Be able to put everything into perspective, nothing is really as bad as it seems. And being able to find humor in EVERYTHING. There is nothing like laughing during an evolution that would break mortals.
Royer, Chief...thanks for the reply...also, when we would venture to the NAB Coronado gym (as a change of pace from our NASNI gym), we’d see quite a few individuals wearing dark blue t-shirts that had the text of “The Easiest Day Was Yesterday”...or something similar to that.

You dudes are downright nutty...AND I thank the Lord that we have nutty dudes like yourself and your peers. Thank you for your service, Chief.

Last edited:

Fallonflyr

pilot
In the Teams what you’ll realize is the best rank is E6. You’re senior enough to push the younger guys out of the way and maximize your own shooting opportunities overseas and yet you are not senior enough to have all the administrative obligations. If you ask any frogman if they could stay an E6 shooter forever, would they? The answer would be 99% yes
Sounds like being a seasoned o3 in a fighter squadron.

froggystyle

Royer, Chief...thanks for the reply...also, when we would venture to the NAB Coronado gym (as a change of pace from our NASNI gym), we’d see quite a few individuals wearing dark blue t-shirts that had the text of “The Easiest Day Was Yesterday”...or something similar to that.

You dudes are downright nutty...AND I thank the Lord that we have nutty dudes like yourself and your peers. Thank you for your service, Chief.
No brother, thank you for yours