• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEAL/SPECWAR questions

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The Whammy, sir.

Very unlikely. The SEAL Officer application process involves getting selected and attending Mini BUDS/SOAS during the summer time to further assess and select candidates. I don't see OCS (if you get whammied there) or CNATRA (if you NAMI whammy at flight school) waiting weeks/months/year to send you there and furthermore footing the bill to fly you out there.

froggystyle

I'm actually glad you posted here. Though I'm an applicant to the aviation community, I've been following the BUD/S warning order workout and then some, because I want to show up in the best shape I can. This is not only so that I am fully prepared for the physical component of OCS, but in the event that I am medically DQ'd or otherwise declared unfit to fly due to circumstances outside of my control, is it still possible for me to try to get to BUD/S? That is, assuming I am actually in the shape I need to be. Right now, I just about meet the minimums for BUD/S, but I've got some time.
Yeah man, Rufio and NavyOffRec know more about the circumstances of switching pipelines than I do. Both pipelines, aviation and specwar, have so many hurdles to jump that you almost have to commit to one and go into it with an all or nothing attitude. And besides, if you were NPQ for aviation then there is a good chance you’d be NPQ for BUD/S as well. Unfortunately, as these wars wind down the communities are starting to be more critical of their candidates and extra screening processes start to pop up (i.e. SOAS). When I applied it went like this:

Recruiter: Yo man you wanna try this shit [BUD/S]?
Me: Um I guess?

*2 months later I’m crying in the pacific ocean’s surf zone*

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
YES! Especially stories from Hooters! I’ve seen multiple Hooters pics here and know there’s some good word attached
Unfortunately no super good word on this Hooters visit... @ChuckMK23 was having a no hair day [as usual]...and I was wearing a Metallica t-shirt [as usual]...but at least they were semi-impressed with our Omega Speedmaster Pro Moonwatches. :D

BF9B0009-F0FE-4C35-BFB3-9D884C178D5C.jpeg
B2CFF6E4-72D4-43E8-9847-A09166F10B33.jpeg

robav8r

None
Contributor
How hot would the chicks be if Chuck & Mad Dog went to a Hooters with some Frogmen hanging around ???

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
How hot would the chicks be if Chuck & Mad Dog went to a Hooters with some Frogmen hanging around ???
Holy smokes...believe me...I have witnessed this. When I was on active duty and stationed at NASNI in the late 1980s/early 1990s...I saw boat loads of hotties swarming all over SEALs in the Grand/Garnet party spots...pretty humbling.

Also, sort of a related story, I was on a long layover in Fayetteville, NC [Ft. Bragg]...and while I was at Hooters there, “dude” walks in...he had this look...hard to explain...big ass beard, funky clothes but fit-as-a-fiddle [I’m thinking “dude” is Delta Force but not confirmed]. Freaking Hooters chicks were all over this “dude” like stink on poo...it was unbelievable!