• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Seahawks Sink Houthi Boats

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's amazing how quick something can sink and how long it can take something else. even for smaller vessels. I give you a pictorial representation. This whole process took several hours (we didn't have a collimnator with us to allow us to shoot the Hellfire war shot that was onboard...sad face).

Shoes in action:

Helo in action:

53547322511_97e1f275ab_h.jpg

Lots of holes (note the Shoes forgot to turn off the damn bilge pump):

53547322516_f31d1033f7_h.jpg

53547760480_248844d027_h.jpg

Goin' down, down, down...

53546449702_6be2cadbc4_h.jpg

Bonus action shot (the sound on makes it more fun):

Meyerkord

pilot
It's amazing how quick something can sink and how long it can take something else. even for smaller vessels. I give you a pictorial representation. This whole process took several hours (we didn't have a collimnator with us to allow us to shoot the Hellfire war shot that was onboard...sad face).

Shoes in action:

Helo in action:

53547322511_97e1f275ab_h.jpg

Lots of holes (note the Shoes forgot to turn off the damn bilge pump):

53547322516_f31d1033f7_h.jpg

53547760480_248844d027_h.jpg

Goin' down, down, down...

53546449702_6be2cadbc4_h.jpg

Bonus action shot (the sound on makes it more fun):

Those are awesome shots.

We got to sink the USS Denver (LPD-9) during RIMPAC 2022. It's pretty wild how much of a beating that ship took. It was hit by LRASM, HELLFIRE, HARM, Harpoon, JDAM, rockets, 30mm, Type12 SSM. She finally went down after dark as our ship was unleashing the 5-inch gun like fireworks. I had a front row seat from the flight deck with a pair of NVGs. Pretty cool experience.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Just outstanding critical reporting by 60 Minutes. One of the true old-school hard news organizations remaining in today's media. The Navy has not always leaned into the PA game - and frankly its refreshing to see candid access by journalists covering all things maritime. I remember flying around news crews during DS and the Navy then was always hesitant and reluctant to welcome journalists - as opposed to AF which really saw the importance of the public affairs gamesmanship. Clearly Navy leadership has corrected from the previous generation of thinking.

I remember them coming on the boat after we started the war with ISIS in 2014. I had just come down from the flight deck, removed my joint helmet, and was trying to make my way to CVIC to relieve myself of classified things. And right in my way, was young, hot, blonde media lady, and we locked eyes for a moment. I think she thought i was a sky god. Or possibly just in her way trying to get through the pway

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Good job! I can't hear this without thinking of the comedy bit of the French fighter pilot singing "Highway to the Danger Zone'.

Can someone point me to a link?