• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Seahawks Sink Houthi Boats

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
U.S. Helicopters Sink 3 Houthi Boats in Red Sea, Pentagon Says

I think I shared the full link, but TLDR:
A pair of Seahawks splashed a few Houthi boats. Any historians know when the last time Naval helicopters have shot in anger overwater?
We engaged pirates in 2011 off the coast of Somalia while cruising on the Big E. There was a crew from a small boy that lit some dudes up that same cruise, I can’t remember what boat they were on.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
U.S. Helicopters Sink 3 Houthi Boats in Red Sea, Pentagon Says

I think I shared the full link, but TLDR:
A pair of Seahawks splashed a few Houthi boats. Any historians know when the last time Naval helicopters have shot in anger overwater?
You’d really have to dig deep into squadron historical reports to get an accurate answer (especially during counter-piracy ops) but the last major use was during the late ‘80’s “Tanker Wars.”

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Ward is talking out his ass again…FFS.
Everything WC is so incredibly frustrating.. As a further point, a good friend of mine toiled for several years to publish a great book highlighting Naval Aviation. Because his book was created in partnership with the Navy he had to have DoD licensing and approval; part of the stated reason this occurs is to protect the “brand of Naval Aviation”. Anyway anything I see Ward seemingly make up another set of dEEp iNTeL it’s intensely frustrating his for-profit silliness is not held to the same standard. Anyway back to our scheduled programming - well done helo bubbas!!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You’d really have to dig deep into squadron historical reports to get an accurate answer (especially during counter-piracy ops) but the last major use was during the late ‘80’s “Tanker Wars.”
I know some helo bubbas lit up a boat full of Somali pirates a few years back. But yeah, I think the last time a USN helo engaged a state actor at sea (and I guess the Houthis are close enough for gov't work) was during the Tanker Wars. I don't recall hearing about any helo ASuW engagements during Desert Storm or OIF I.

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
Last edited: