• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
I don't know about the rest of you, but math killed me. Everything else was easy, or course I was a history major.

pjxc415

pilot
Just got a letter from my CO sent out to our whole battalion ... apparently Pensacola is pretty dysfunctional right now, pretty much out of contact, some offices have been abandoned ... sooo, might be a while before any of us hear ... let me know if you guys do though

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's the deal with scoring:
Since they came out with the new forms, the only place that can score them is NOMI in Pensacola. They only score tests every Monday at 0630 or so. Your OSO or NROTC advisor has to send the test in via certified mail and P-Cola is terrible for getting mail on Fridays. It should only take about two weeks if properly planned, but on the outside it could be somewhere around 4 weeks to get your scores. Now that Ivan has had its way with Pensacola, there's no telling how long it will take to get tests score in the next few weeks. All I can say is be patient.....
ea6bflyr

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Anybody know why the changed the test?
I don'twant assumptions, I have those. Cold hard facts why they changed it, anybody?

navyjeff94

Final Select for Supply - 23 Apr 05 class
I was told that someone had compromised the test somehow by publishing all of the test questions and answers via the web.

FlyinHigh

so my OSO tells me that the 1st board for the PLC guys meets on the 30th of this month. I took the ASTB on 9/8/04 and am awaiting scores like everyone else, I know that there is no telling when the scores are coming in but does that mean that I can not go in front of the board until i hear the scores or can I sign the contract and stuff and go in front of the board since I took the test before the 30th? Any Marines guys please help.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What would all the Flight Physiologist do without re-creating the test.

The test was OLD and OUTDATED. 1996 or 1998 version...I think.

Killer2 said:
Anybody know why the changed the test?
I don'twant assumptions, I have those. Cold hard facts why they changed it, anybody?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got an email saying that NAMI was back in business as of today....so it shouldn't be long now....NO APEX (on-line) TESTING YET...They are still checking the big computer in PCOLA. Be patient young luke....
ea6bflyr

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
My NROTC Battalion (USF) took a prototype new test last Spring. The woman who administered the test was the civilian administrator for NOMI who handles the scoring of the ASTB. She told us the reason this was being re-designed was that a USMC recruiter (I assume an OSO) had made photocopies of the ASTB and had passed them out to his applicants as a practice test. She says that he was misinformed about the fact that the test he had at the time was the real deal and not some defunct copy. Regardless, the test made it online via chat sites like this one and many applicants took a test that they had already seen. She told us that it had taken weeks to search the internet to find all the online copies and that every other week or so they still hear about one being up and they immediately have it shut down.
This isn't a rumor or a fairy tale, it came from the horse's mouth and if you guys don't believe me I will call my LT and get the woman's name so you can all verify it.
Hope this helps.

pjxc415

pilot
alright got my scores today, took the test on 2 sep. got a 4/5/5. from what i hear the marine corps qualifier is 4/6/4 but you can get a one point waiver for one of the scores. anyone know if there is any truth to this?

navyjeff94

How do we get our scores? Are we supposed to call someone to get them or do we get something in the mail from NOMI? I read somewhere in the forum that there was a number to call or an email address. If anyone has any info that would be great. Thanks.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I have been calling the woman at the ORS, who administered my test, to get my scores, and they haven't been returned yet. I took my test on August 21st and still haven't gotten them back. Maddening.

navyjeff94

The NAMI site is back up and there was a link to request scores by email. They can mail or fax. They faxed mine to me today. I ended up with a 42. For supply, the competitive score is at least a 40. My package is going to CNRC today and hopefully will get reccommended (whenever the board convenes).

In the interim, I am going to restudy the ARCO books and plan on retesting in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.