• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjxc415

pilot
Anyone know how long it takes to find out your score for the new test? I took it Sep. 2nd and still haven't heard anything.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The shortest I heard was a week. It took me almost a month, so I wouldn't get too worried until October rolls around.

navyjeff94

Final Select for Supply - 23 Apr 05 class
My recruiter told me it would be at least 30 days. I took mine on August 30th. How do you think that you did?

pjxc415

pilot
I think i did pretty well ... almost positive i aced the spacial apperception, math seemed easy, reading i guess ya never know, can't really remember the rest, but i felt good about it after i was done taking the test ... how bout you?

zuggerat

it takes that long on the new test??????? holy crap, they gave you scores on the old test in like 15 minutes

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I took mine on the 29th of August, I think, and I haven't gotten mine back yet, either. I took Form 3, and the lady who administered the test said they were having problems grading that one. I called this Friday to check, which is when she said they should be in, but due to the evac of NAS Pensacola, she said I would probably not get them back until next week sometime. The wait is making me crazy!

pjxc415

pilot
Trouble scoring it? Ive been hearing that pretty much everyone that has taken form 3 has done ****ty on it? Any truth to that? Maybe it's because of the scoring issues

CUIBooker

Asab

Took test Aug. 17th and recruiter called for them at 3 week mark but they still have not come yet. Hopefully they will come within the 4th week since he told me it takes 3 to 4 weeks for results.

navyjeff94

I have never been good and determining my own test taking skills. If I think that I did well...I probably didn't and if I think that I didn't do well...I probably did and so the story goes.

The math made me nervous even after studying the ARCO books. There were a lot of "gimmie" problems on my test that I think will make up for the ones that I missed.

On the reading comp section, I think that I did well but I also thought that it was subjective. Many of the answers (a,b,c,or d) all sounded possible on some of the questions. Most were easy to discern that they had nothing to do with the paragraph.

I'm up in the air on the mechanical reasoning. There are equations to use for mechanical advantage that I forgot about. I tried to use common sense whenever possible.

On the good side, I did answer all of the questions.

navyjeff94

Did you call Pensacola or your recruiter? I saw a posting regarding contacting Pensacola but I didn't know if that had changed.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
pjxc415 said:
Trouble scoring it? Ive been hearing that pretty much everyone that has taken form 3 has done ****ty on it? Any truth to that? Maybe it's because of the scoring issues

I got a 65 8/8/8 so its not too bad....but I do think that the long time is due to the switchover of stuff...dosent really make too much sense though.

I saw a posting regarding contacting Pensacola but I didn't know if that had changed.

If you go to the NOMI website, you will find an email address. If you email them they can tell you if your test was graded yet or not. If you have a .mil email address, they can send you the scores otherwise you need to provide them with a mailing address. But I would wait a while before flooding them with emails. If you've waited 3-4 weeks so far and your recruiter has not received your scores yet, you can email them to find out if it was graded.

When I did this, I forwarded the email I got to my recruiter so that he could receive them. I didnt want to keep him outta the loop.

Hope that helps

jjordan19

SNFO waiting for primary
How does the test compare to the ARCO book, are the reading qusetions of the same style or somewhat different.

Cdyboy

Here's how the test is laid out:

1. Math
2. Reading Comp.
3. Mechanical Comp.
4. Spacial Apperception
5. Aviation/Nautical
6. Aviation Supplemental - A good mixture of all the tests except SA.

Math is just Algebra(30ish questions-30mins). You should practice & study the Reading Comp. section in the FQOT (Air Force Test) in the Arco book for the reading part, if you can do that you'll easily do the ASTB part because the paragh. are shorter(30ish questions 27mins). Mech. part is similar to the arco book, but with no real computation, you need to come to the answer logically based on you knowledge of physics(30 questions-15mins). Spacial Apperception on the real thing is going to look different then the one in the Arco book so make sure you do/try the sample ones before the test to get orientated(25 questions-15mins). Finally the Aviation Supplement is just a combination of Math, Reading Comp., Aviation/Nautical, all compacted in one section(34ish questions-25mins). Don't remember having any Helo questions.

Best of luck JJordan!!!

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
That's what I remember being on the test. I was somewhat stumped on some of the Aviation/Nautical stuff...I remember thinking "Well, won't they just teach me all this stuff when I go in??"

I am sitting on pins and needles to find out how I did...hopefully I will know on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.