• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Running/workout tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integer1

Banned
I like to Move It Move It
I like to Move It Move It
I like to Move It Move It - 3x on my playlist
Da Dip - I put my hand upon your hip, when I dip you dip we dip
Eagles Hotel California - 6 minute live version
Bombs Over Baghdad (even before the Iraq war of course)
Who Let the Dogs Out
American Idol's Kelly - A Moment Like This (5 stars)
Shaggy's song about getting caught
You Can Do it Put your Ass Into it
Whenever Wherever by Shakira (just think of her butt)
Break Your Face
Cotton Eye Joe!
various jock jams remixes

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I was listening to Thrice the other day and found a good one by them: "To Awake And Avenge The Dead"

The song is actually shorter than the title. :icon_wink

Navy102

Green Day - American Idiot
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Slipknot - Duality
Nephew - Wannabe Darth Vader
Tim Christensen - Get The **** Out Of My Mind
Tim Christensen - Whispering At The Top Of My Lungs
Anything by Linking Park and Robbie Williams

AlexFowler

Anyone who doesn't have one, get yourself an Ipod or some other good-quality MP3 player that lets you create multiple playlists...that way you can have one for distance running, one for lifting and speedwork (I prefer harder/louder stuff for both of those), one just for listening...one with soft stuff for getting laid if you have the adapter to play it thru your car stereo, etc. :D

Anyways, here's the playlist I use for running...works pretty well for me:
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (9/11 tribute)
Aerosmith - Dream On
Foo Fighters - My Hero
Hoobastank - Out of Control
Linkin Park - Numb
??? - Gonna Fly Now (Rocky theme)
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (Rocky IV theme)
??? - America, F*ck Yeah (from Team America: World Police)
U2 - In God's Coutnry
??? - Bin Laden Dead or Alive (parody of "Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi)
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA (yeah it's a hippie anti-war song but the chorus is motivating as hell)
Clint Black - Iraq and I Roll
Kenny Loggins - Highway to the Danger Zone
Lee Greenwood - God Bless the USA
Metallica - Seek and Destroy (9/11 tribute)
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon
Cypress Hill - You Can't Get the Best of Me
U2 - New York (live on David Letterman...try to find this version, 1000X better than the original)
Blur - Song 2 (from Starship Troopers)
Toby Keith - Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue
Toby Keith - Beer for my Horses

I stick it on shuffle so it's in a different order each time I go out, also have the USMC anthem and a few cadence tracks thrown into the mix.

I'll post my speedwork/lifting playlist too, if anyone's interested. Also, if any of you guys want the special versions of any of the songs I listed (the AC/DC, Metallica, or U2 songs, or "Bin Laden Dead or Alive") send me an IM (screen name is in my profile) and I'll be happy to send it to you...HOWEVER, please wait until a week from today (1/17) to do this until I am back at school using the computer that has the songs on it, I'm on my mom's computer until the 17th so I won't be able to send it to you.

CLAM97to99

I am a big fan of just listening to what ever music you enjoy most. If I had to listen to techno just because it helped me keep pace I would have to shoot my self. Running sucks enough to do it listening to music you don’t enjoy.

ACurry

Thank God for Kidney Stone Medical Waivers
some of you guys run to much by the length of your playlists. You should try smoking cigarettes to increase your run time.

By the way The Black Hawk Down Soundtrack is pretty good, although you may find yourself running in slow motion from people and then sprinting for no apparent reason. Also, Sound Garden, Offspring, the Air Wolf Theme, etc.

dpiddycanfly

This may sound crazy, but I like to listen to comedy albums when I run. Stuff I've memorized that I can recite word for word in my head. Since it's old, it doesn't make me laugh out loud and this way, I have something to take my mind off of what's really happening, me kicking my own butt!!

dpiddycanfly

Chris Rock's "Bring the Pain" and "Bill Cosby Himself" are my two favorites. Also, I have a huge list of Roy D. Mercer prank calls, that are great. Just something to take your mind off of running.

Matt S

None
Incubus- Aqueos Transmission
You'd think it's slow but its beat is perfect, at least for me. Every other beat your feet hit the deck.
Others: Pardon Me, Make Yourself, Priceless, Megalomaniac and anything off the S.C.I.E.N.C.E cd

Logico

I bought a tape called "Run to Cadence With The U.S. Navy". It is really good. I would suggest it to anyone. I'm not sure if they have it in other formats. Here is a link to where I bought it from: http://www.armynavymilitarysurplus.com/index.cfm?action=cat.catalog&categoryID=575

Other people are mentioning Metallica's "Seek and Destroy". Like a lot of early (good) Metallica songs, that song was written by Dave Mustaine who was their original lead guitar player before getting kicked out of the band for being "too psycho" (Hetfield's words from VH1's "Megadeth: Behind The Music"). He then went on and founded another great metal band called Megadeth. If you like Metallica you would probably like Megadeth. Check out www.megadeth.com

Good Megadeth running songs are:
Holy Wars
Hangar 18
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Fight For Freedom (i.e. FFF)
Angry Again
99 Ways To Die
Blackmail The Universe
The Mechanix (i.e. the original "Four Horsemen")
Killing Is My Business...And Business is Good!
The Scorpion
The Creed (from MD.45 album)

Status
Not open for further replies.