• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rolling Boards/ June 2013 Board

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
as long as you can graduate OCS by age 29 NRC will send your application to board.

Good to be back on AW and to see you help out us wannabes, thanks for the reply! Yes technically I could graduate before 29 but it would be a heck of a turn around between selection, getting shipped to OCS, and graduating before my 29th Bday. Still it can happen and maybe they will have some mercy on a PS dude.

I wonder if they will get me to ship ASAP in order to meet that deadline if selected? Should be interesting, although if I had to guess the most likely course of action is that selection won't happen when they realize I need to get there pretty soon.

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
That is in the CIRIMS system, it means the PM is looking at it to send it to board.

Is it only active duty that can check the status of their packet? I wish there was a way for me to know everything has made it to where it needs to be!

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
I'm kinda miffed by the fact that AD don't get a representative to help them put together a package...of all of us they are the ones who should have the easiest time getting up to a board, and yet they have to figure it out themselves? :/

Tiffany Murphy

When my husband dropped his packet for Warrant Officer in the Army it was the same way and it was a pain to get it put together because he had 0 help. But good news is that you can check the status of your packet! I wish I was able to instead of harassing my OR. lol

John Gil

I'm kinda miffed by the fact that AD don't get a representative to help them put together a package...of all of us they are the ones who should have the easiest time getting up to a board, and yet they have to figure it out themselves? :/
Your NCC should help you put a package together.

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
Your NCC should help you put a package together.

I'm prior active so luckily I had an OR (Who is awesome btw) put together my package. But what I'm hearing from some AD guys is that they aren't getting much help from their NCC or their command...they are pretty much on their own...

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
I'm prior active so luckily I had an OR (Who is awesome btw) put together my package. But what I'm hearing from some AD guys is that they aren't getting much help from their NCC or their command...they are pretty much on their own...
This is pretty much true, I'm active duty and I pretty much had to put together my package myself. Thankful a buddy of mine had put his in last March and was selected, so he let me bounce mine off of his. My CCC completely had no idea how OCS worked or how to even get started on a package. They were very knowledgeable when it came to STA-21 because that is what a majority of people put in for.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Where that's the case, it is a command problem. A successful application package for an AD Sailor requires the complete cooperation of the 'Front Office', Admin. Dept., DivO, and NCC. Some research, and when needed, phone/e-mail communication may be required for guidance on tough issues. The command guidance team on my Submarine 57 years ago (Admin. Dept. = 1 JO, 1 YN-2), worked fine for my package & recommendations, and should function as well today.:)
SSK-244 Underway Thames River.jpg
*USS CAVALLA (SSK-244) - Thames River - 1956
The old excuse of "We can't afford to lose this talented Sailor", is no longer valid in the 21st century Navy!:rolleyes:
BzB, prior ET-2 (SS)

exNavyOffRec

When my husband dropped his packet for Warrant Officer in the Army it was the same way and it was a pain to get it put together because he had 0 help. But good news is that you can check the status of your packet! I wish I was able to instead of harassing my OR. lol

The information they see is minimal, it just will say something like "at board", "pro y", etc... and if they are missing something odds are they will miss that board and may not even know it.

exNavyOffRec

This is pretty much true, I'm active duty and I pretty much had to put together my package myself. Thankful a buddy of mine had put his in last March and was selected, so he let me bounce mine off of his. My CCC completely had no idea how OCS worked or how to even get started on a package. They were very knowledgeable when it came to STA-21 because that is what a majority of people put in for.

This is normal, I have been through the CCC course and officer programs was a blip on the radar, while PTS, reenlistments and seps took up most of the time.

In many cases the AD guys that would come to my office for the ASTB were given much bad info, such as a person with a history degree being told by his CCC and DIVO to apply for CEC.

Robert Allen

I've fixed them, now I fly them!
I'm AD and CCC or nc1 gave the cold shoulder, told me its not her job to help me put a package together. Had help from everyone else including CO, who was apart of ocs boards in the past, I also when near complete went to an OR to find discrepancies. Found plent of them and got them all fix.

Tiffany Murphy

I have a question maybe one of y'all know the answer to. Can I submit another packet for the August Supply Board even though I already have a packet in for the upcoming July Board? I want to retake my OAR and put in for Supply as well but I am not sure if I can have two different packets in or if I should wait until the July results come out.