• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rolling Boards/ June 2013 Board

Surf

pilot
Anyone put there package in for SUPPO? if so have they heard back from the board

Hey Halfbreed, I had Supply as choice 3 preceded by SNA/SNFO. As NavyOffRec explained it I wont find out the results of the SUPPO board until the SNA board convenes, and makes a decision.

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
Hey Halfbreed, I had Supply as choice 3 preceded by SNA/SNFO. As NavyOffRec explained it I wont find out the results of the SUPPO board until the SNA board convenes, and makes a decision.

I'm curious about this...not sure that's the case. If your selected, then the results should be available when they are released regardless if your are waiting on other boards...maybe NavyOffRec could clarify for us...

Surf

pilot
I'm curious about this...not sure that's the case. If your selected, then the results should be available when they are released regardless if your are waiting on other boards...maybe NavyOffRec could clarify for us...

I read a publication on the CNRC site, which talked about how the boards work. If I'm not mistaken, when the boards for different communities are within a reasonable amount of time apart from each other then the results are passed on after the the 1st, 2nd choice, etc... boards convene. My scenario being that I had SNA/SNFO/SUPPO in that order, since the suppo board met first, and the SNA/SNFO board meets only a couple weeks later, I have to wait until the July 15th boards to find out. I could also be very wrong..

NavySquid26

That seems to be referring to an application that receives a prorec N...which i believe means not selected...the instruction is saying that in the case of non selection and the applicant is applying to multiple boards, their package will be forwarded on to the next board and the kit wont be sent back until those results are out...its not saying that you wont hear the results of any prior boards....anyone feel free correct me if im interpreting this wrong....

Surf

pilot
Upon reading it again I believe you are right NavySquid. The lack of a response from the suppo board as of yet could simply mean they haven't gotten them out, because I'm hoping if given a pro rec N I'll be notified of that. Thanks for working it out with me, and I apologize to NavyOffRec for misrepresenting his information.

Alex

NavySquid26

Upon reading it again I believe you are right NavySquid. The lack of a response from the suppo board as of yet could simply mean they haven't gotten them out, because I'm hoping if given a pro rec N I'll be notified of that. Thanks for working it out with me, and I apologize to NavyOffRec for misrepresenting his information.

Alex
No prob....i did read in the 2013 pro rec board rules that a scheduled board shall meet during the WEEK it was scheduled ....and results will be sent to NAVCRUITCOM within 7 days of that...

Evan Pappas

No prob....i did read in the 2013 pro rec board rules that a scheduled board shall meet during the WEEK it was scheduled ....and results will be sent to NAVCRUITCOM within 7 days of that...

Well this kinda screws with my day-by-day countdown until the board convenes....

exNavyOffRec

you will find out the supply results, but you won't be processed for an OCS date until the higher choices have had their boards.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
My packet it complete. Spoke with the processor today. Those guys are awesome I tell you.

M/28
SNA/SNFO
2.98 Chemical Engineering
55 6/7/7
Prior Service
BSM/Good Conduct
MEPS PQ
valid security clearance/SECRET
Gracious LORs from past military supervisors and COs
righteous NCOERs (and have no idea why)

Age is probably going to be a deal breaker for pilot, but if I don't try, I won't get it. Seen crazier stuff happen all the time in the military.
Just wrapped up my class 1/A flight physical for Army WOFT. Not my first choice either at the moment, but that is home as well.
So I have a plan A (Navy), plan B (WOFT), plan C (interviewing for civilian jobs). Don't take that the wrong way either, I have infinite respect for WOs.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

exNavyOffRec

My packet it complete. Spoke with the processor today. Those guys are awesome I tell you.

M/28
SNA/SNFO
2.98 Chemical Engineering
55 6/7/7
Prior Service
BSM/Good Conduct
MEPS PQ
valid security clearance/SECRET
Gracious LORs from past military supervisors and COs
righteous NCOERs (and have no idea why)

Age is probably going to be a deal breaker for pilot, but if I don't try, I won't get it. Seen crazier stuff happen all the time in the military.
Just wrapped up my class 1/A flight physical for Army WOFT. Not my first choice either at the moment, but that is home as well.
So I have a plan A (Navy), plan B (WOFT), plan C (interviewing for civilian jobs). Don't take that the wrong way either, I have infinite respect for WOs.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

as long as you can graduate OCS by age 29 NRC will send your application to board.

allstar

I was talking to one of my classmate who has submitted his application couple of weeks ago for sna/nfo and swo of june 19th. he got a call today for interview about background checks. is it possible they do background check before the board sits for selection

pdt1530

I was talking to one of my classmate who has submitted his application couple of weeks ago for sna/nfo and swo of june 19th. he got a call today for interview about background checks. is it possible they do background check before the board sits for selection

I had to get a waiver because of a minor issue that popped up on my background check before they could submit my packet to the board so, yes it is possible that you will have a background check before the board views your packet. I'm sure that depends on a lot of variables though :confused: . Also, I've heard of background checks taking a long time for some people; I'm not sure why. Maybe mine was fairly quick because I was upfront about any potential issues. Hope this helps...!