• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Roger Ball, good and not-so-good questions about the world of "Paddles"

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Beware of the devious Shark throwing Bear!!

StrongbadBearShark.jpg

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Reminds me of the 25th Company "Bearsharks" here... they legitimately have a plebe dress up in a bear costume and hold up a stuffed shark doll at several "sprit" related events.

Attachments

• trifecta.jpg
    trifecta.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 118

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is landing on the boat a difficult manuver?

Naw, not at all. Definitely overblown by master race to intimidate Air Force dudes.

And all that trash talk about night landings being even harder, pure hype

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
He'd been better off with a bolter and so would that jet.

Come on HJ, whats that saying about any landing you can walk away from is a good one...the great ones are when they can use the plane again.

riiiiight.

MasterBates

While CQ in a FW is more difficult than the IX-514, it's not impossible (I can do it).

However, it's a bit easier to get yourself into trouble in the CV vs IX.

CV vs Small Boy in open water, probably similar skill level required, but it's a different hard.

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
On a dark night, pitching deck whether a small boy or carrier it sucks. The bottom line when you're out there is you have to land because there's no place else to go. FW or RW, that ability is a skill set possessed by few in the aviation world. The discussion about which is more difficult is a great "tug-o-war" at the bar but is kind of a moot point.

USNMark

Come on HJ, whats that saying about any landing you can walk away from is a good one...the great ones are when they can use the plane again.

riiiiight.

Oh good god I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that damn saying. I'm convinced someone who had nothing to do with aviation coined that phrase.