• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restricted activities (motorcycles, skiing, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

We all know why the rules are in effect, and whether we like them or not, we all support and enforce them.

We can still poke a little fun at them, though.

Prop - No, they are not booting anybody (as long as you are repairable). They like to keep folks around; after all, there is a lot of duty to stand these days ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BigWorm said:
You make it sound like an officer like quality to eat ****. When you hear every one in the wing (01 and up) make jest at the order – I think it is safe to say that it is a knee jerk reaction.

And half these guys aren't in the loop, the rules just popped up for them. I didn't say they were fair, but tell me BigWorm, what are YOU going to do about them? That's right, you're gonna eat that sh!t. Don't got a choice.

Look, I'm the last guy who would punish the masses for the stupidity or mistakes of the few. I can't stand when our government does it, let alone this kind of stuff. But we're all students, we don't get a say. If not skydiving for 2-3 years makes someone's life unbearable, then they should re-evaluate why theyre in the training pipeline.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Fly Navy said:
If not skydiving for 2-3 years makes someone's life unbearable, then they should re-evaluate why theyre in the training pipeline.

Man, I can't help but feel that the above comment was directed specifically at ME!

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Guys, just a thought ...

I'm not sure how many of you would enjoy standing before the Commodore (or even your respective skippers) and tell them all about how we are 'eating sh!t' with this 'knee jerk reaction,' etc., but I wouldn't.

Not calling anyone out, by the way, just words of caution.

We all have our personal views on this (mine is that I don't give a crap ... it's temporary and I don't participate in many high risk activities anyway) but keep in mind that this is a public forum and that those in charge of you could be reading.

I've had that sort of thing bite me in the a$$ before ... take that for whatever it's worth.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Fly Navy said:
That's right, you're gonna eat that sh!t.

This is true – SNA’s don’t rate an opinion. However, for clarity, there is a difference between the Yes-Man and following orders, which is the root of my joke. Just poking fun at the way you phrased it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BigWorm said:
This is true – SNA’s don’t rate an opinion. However, for clarity, there is a difference between the Yes-Man and following orders, which is the root of my joke. Just poking fun at the way you phrased it.

Well I'm by no means a Yes-Man, I just know my place here. Guess I didn't catch the joke, my bad (just woke up when I posted that response).

Hey Vette, that wasn't directed specifically at you, I know plenty of people in your same position.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Varmint,
positive rep points all over the place! good job.

KBayDog

Ah, relax, ladies and germs. You're just learning what it is like to be a typical junior enlisted Marine :p

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
desert fox said:
2. The entire reason people put pseudonyms up here is so that the higher-ups or anyone else who disagrees can't interfere by tracking you down. And if they (whoever "they" is) go to the trouble of tracing an Internet posting, they want you for some other crime as well or we've become too much of a police state.

I know at least 3 people in the pipeline who matched me with my AW screen name thru no effort of my own. I'd be very wary of saying you're completely anonymous . . .

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
I know at least 3 people in the pipeline who matched me with my AW screen name thru no effort of my own. I'd be very wary of saying you're completely anonymous . . .

Yup. If you post here regularly, it's very easy to figure out who you are.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
got word today from an instructor that this stuff is over the top. Supposedly some SNAs went out on the weekend and the Designated Driver was pissed and left the other two friends out on the town. the two buds get in trouble with the police and they're pretty much kicked out of the program as they normally would be. The kicker is is that they're going to kick out the DD since he left the two guys there, therefore not going through with what they ORM'd that friday. If this had probably happened two weeks ago he'd probably still be in.

edit: we had an entire AOM about statements made on this website.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Is it only CNATRA that is not allowing people to sky dive, race bikes, etc (even for instructor types) or is this becoming a navy wide thing? I've not heard anything at my sqdn about restricting what we do off duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.