• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

Chubby

Lambert's Cafe is awesome if you like good southern food. A little far though, gotta drive out to Foley, AL.

Think you could turn this into a sticky thread?

Kinda like something to pass down in AW throughout the ages for SNAs?

Except it would be a pain in the ass for you to have to update it constantly I guess.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
vegita1220 said:
Think you could turn this into a sticky thread?

Kinda like something to pass down in AW throughout the ages for SNAs?

Except it would be a pain in the ass for you to have to update it constantly I guess.

That's a good idea. How does one do that though?

triplejayz

snake driver
Hemmingway's on P-cola beach is really good as far as food/atmosphere...nice bar on roof overlooking bay...but service has been mediocre at best. We asked a waitress what was good on the menu...she mentioned that we looked military and that is why she suggested cheaper dishes! On the weekend, it can take 1-2 hours to get a table...food is worth it.

kray1395

triplejayz said:
We asked a waitress what was good on the menu...she mentioned that we looked military and that is why she suggested cheaper dishes!

I hope you tipped accordingly. That's BS. I not only raised the average IQ of the area I live in by moving here, but also the average income level. Of course, this is Pace I'm talking about. It's not like I'm living on Scenic Highway or anything.

UncleFester

Hummer NFO To Be Reckoned With
Definitely go to the New Yorker Deli out where Cervantes meets Scenic Highway. Tre Fratelli is an excellent Eye-talian joint. I'm a big fan of Bagelheads (up the street from McGuire's) - best breakfast in town, if you're a coffee-and-bagels kind of guy. Can't beat Hub's for sandwiches. McGuire's, obviously, if you go during slow(er) hours (avoid from Friday afternoon to Sunday night). Jerry's kicks absolute ass for Cajun. I really like Lillian's Pizza out on Perdido; the service kind of sucks, but the pies are excellent and the waitresses are pretty hot.
Further afield, Fudpucker's in FWB and Destin (not Fudruckers, altogether different) has great seafood and burgers. I don't know if The Boathouse in Valparaiso (outside Eglin) is still open, but it was also good.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Fish House / Atlas Oyster House in PCola

Tacky Jacks out at Gulf Shores is a good place to pull the boat up to and drink a few margaritas.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
E5B said:
That place at the end of H-87 at Navarre Beach is an outstanding place. We went there for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago.

The place I was talking about is called Cocodries.

I concur on the Fish House recommendation. Great place, a little more on the fancy sea-food style.

It may have already been mentioned, but Bagel Heads is a great place to get coffee and lunch/breakfast.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
my wife liked Papasitos here in Milton, it had pretty good Mexican food for being in freaking Florida and the chile made my wife's eyes water which is something to say. I knew it would be better than a regular mexican food joint when our entire conversation with the staff from opening the door to paying the bill was in spanish.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wasn't impressed with Papasitos. Maybe I went on a bad day or something, but I thought it was below average. I like La Hacienda much better.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i havent tried hacienda yet. still when i went to papasitos it was dead and i truly did wonder why. maybe that had something to do with the good food. what i dont get about milton is why none of the major chains take credit cards! i can go to a rinky dink thrift store and they'll take mastercard, i go to church's, burger king, etc and its all cash only. i feel like i've gone back in time.