• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Supply Officer

RJS

Thank you for the reply earlier. I am doing Reserve Oceano (1805) Designator Boards for FY 23, Aug 15, 2022 is the board date for ODS selections. I am yet to hear back from the OR about the Interview and MEPS to be completed. Hoping to get selected.
Ahhh…haven’t seen anyone applying for this particular field. I know it’s a very small community and may be a bit competitive but, you never know.

Getting close to that board date. Hopefully you’re able to get interviews squeezed in the next week. Definitely don’t want to miss the opportunity to submit for that board since those boards are once a year. Good luck to you @vickey0070

Last edited:

vickey0070

Ahhh…haven’t seen anyone applying for this particular field. I know it’s a very small community and may be a bit competitive but, you never know.

Getting close to that board date. Hopefully you’re able to get interviews squeezed in in the next week. Definitely don’t want to miss the opportunity to submit for that board since those boards are once a year. Good luck to you @vickey0070
Yes, this particular field is not popular on this website. I have found information on google and program authorization helps. The process is slow in general, I suppose. Good luck to you too, you are selected which is a big thing and a relief @RJS

KCRUZ1

Hello Everyone! My name is Kenneth Cruz. I am a Marine veteran who served active duty for seven years from 2013-2021. I was a Supply Marine and held multiple supply billets and leadership roles while in service.

I am Chamorro/Filipino from the island of Tinian, one of 13 islands of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, a US territory north of Guam.

I am currently pursuing my bachelor's degree (History) online via Arizona State University and I'll be graduating by Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.

I have aspirations to commissioned as Naval officer in the Reserves as a Supply officer.

I would like to reach out to any Reserve Supply Officers or recruiters or senior enlisted to mentor/coach me on my journey on accomplishing my goals on being an Navy Reserve officer.

Thank you in advance!

KCRUZ1

Wow! Thank you for all the detail you provided. I did speak with an officer recruiter and based off of what you shared and what he shared, sounds like this might be his first rodeo lol. I just may take you up on that offer to ask additional questions!
Thank you!
Lol, please make sure your recruiter is an Officer Recruiter. An officer recruiter should be familiar with the DC (Direct Commission) path to commissioning.

If you have a good recruiter they should be able to provide a checklist of things you need to provide and include in your DCO package (LORs, Resume, Transcripts, Medical Records, Statement of Intent, etc) You will work with your OR for likely months gathering all that information, once you have completed everything your package will be submitted to a selection board, currently meeting once per year in JUNE! Board members will review your package and either give it a Y or a N. These results will not be posted publicly, only your OR will have access to the results. Supply is very competitive, with past selection rates in the single digits, but I hear things are getting better.

If you are selected, congratulations! You'll work with your recruiter to find a local unit to start drilling with while you work through ODS (Officer Development School) and BQC (Basic Qualification Course aka Supply School). Now you have to get a spot in ODS which is a 5 week course in Newport, RI. Once ODS is done you then work to gain a spot at BQC which is also in Newport, RI. BQC takes about 15-18 months to complete and is a mix of in-person course work and remote learning. You'll start BQC in Newport for 2 weeks, then spend the next 5-6 months doing work from home, return to Newport for another 2 weeks, then another 5-6 months at home and a final 2 weeks in Newport where you graduate BQC at the end of those 2 weeks. That basically sums up your first 2 years in the Supply Corp. Once you complete BQC you can start applying for billets (actual jobs) and doing ATs (Annual Training).

If you are decide you want to apply your recruiter will work to coordinate interviews with Senior Supply Officers in your area, what they put on your interview evaluation form is very important for the board. What is also important is that your recruiter schedule these interviews with RESERVE Supply Officers as a high rank as they can get, O6 is preferred. Avoid doing interview with FTS (Full-Time Support) Supply Officers (basically active-duty reservists) their opinion doesn't carry the same weight at the board as a true reservist. My interview went like this, "Why do you want to by a Supply Officer in the Reserves?" and "What do you know about being a Supply Officer in the Reserves?" followed by an hour of talking about my civilian employment which has nothing to do with the DoD.

Feel free to ask me any question you may have.
Hello @ABMD! I have a question:

What is the TIS limit for prior service members applying to be a Reserve SUPPO?

I am a Marine veteran, served 7 years on active duty. I was a Supply Marine and served multiple Supply billets throughout my seven year career on AD. I am 28 years old pursuing my bachelor's in History from ASU, and I'm expecting to graduate by Fall 2023. Current GPA is 3.41. I have civilian work experience before and after I joined the Marine Corps, at least two years altogether, but none of my civilian jobs really relate to Supply or business. Mainly customer service jobs. I am actively looking for another job that is Supply or business related where I'm currently residing at.

I have aspirations to be a military officer especially in the Navy because like the Marines, the Navy has a rich history (WWII) where I'm from. Also, the quality of life of officers is something hard to pass up. I want to have a career in the Navy as an Officer and serve up to 20 or 30 years.

I reached out to others in this forum to gain an idea if I'll be eligible to qualify as a SUPPO and it has to a conclusion that unfortunately that I'm way below average when it comes to applying for that position. On paper, I'm outgunned by most of the applicants in this forum.

Could you give me your honest feedback and insight on the possibility that I could qualify to be a SUPPO or any Reserve Officer designator I could qualify for based on my current stats?

It's a big blow to my self-esteem when I'm told that I may not be as promising enough or eligible as my competition to be considered to be an officer. I can take constructive criticism but sometimes I just want to hear a voice that tells me to keep pushing no matter how many times I failed or no matter how bleak the circumstances are. If I can have that one voice that pushes me to my max potential, I could beat the odds no matter how big. Just need someone to mentor me throughout the process.

If anyone in this forum can help me reach my goal of being an officer, I'll be eternally grateful to you.

Hope someone see this. Thank you.

RJS

Hello @ABMD! I have a question:

What is the TIS limit for prior service members applying to be a Reserve SUPPO?
You should obtain the Program Authorization from MyNavyHR for a thorough understanding of the qualifications for Reserve SC. You should also scour these forums for information on what you may be up against when applying. To get you started, here are the qualifications beginning with age:

4. Qualifications:
a. Citizenship: Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
b. Age: Applicants must be at least 19 years old and less than 42 years old at the time of commissioning. Prior qualifying service will be considered for year-for-year credit up to age 52.
c. Education: Bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree from an accredited college or university.
(1) Grade point average (GPA): Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
(2) Major: Degrees in business or science, technology, engineering and mathematics concentrations are preferred, but not required. Degrees in other fields may be considered if applicants possess suitable experience in leadership and management.

I reached out to others in this forum to gain an idea if I'll be eligible to qualify as a SUPPO and it has to a conclusion that unfortunately that I'm way below average when it comes to applying for that position. On paper, I'm outgunned by most of the applicants in this forum.
I don’t believe that anyone is trying to discourage you from applying. However, most will give you the honest truth. Just a quick glance at your chosen major, I would make a suggestion to change it to business. Reserve SC is a really competitive program with previously having selected 37 out of 94 applicants. From what I've gathered, 11 of those applicants have advanced degrees and an extensive background in Supply. 5 of those selectees had a background in one of the Lines of Operation-Contracting. So yes, unfortunately, you are outgunned by most selectees on paper.

Could you give me your honest feedback and insight on the possibility that I could qualify to be a SUPPO or any Reserve Officer designator I could qualify for based on my current stats?

It's a big blow to my self-esteem when I'm told that I may not be as promising enough or eligible as my competition to be considered to be an officer. I can take constructive criticism but sometimes I just want to hear a voice that tells me to keep pushing no matter how many times I failed or no matter how bleak the circumstances are. If I can have that one voice that pushes me to my max potential, I could beat the odds no matter how big. Just need someone to mentor me throughout the process.
What feedback you may have received is about as honest as it comes. Other designators are going to be just as competitive because of the applicant pool that applies every year. Reserve Officers usually have advanced degrees (Masters), certifications, 10-15 years of working experience in a related field, and leadership activities. I can attest that you are not the only applicant that has felt this way so don't let it make you feel uneasy. Yes....keep pushing no doubt. I just wouldn't expect for others to tell you anything other than the truth about how things work. Go back through the DCO Supply forum and check out what qualifications others have had. I was selected on the last round and can tell you this: I have an MBA and am due to complete a DBA in the next year or two. I have an extensive background in Supply Chain and Acquisition/Contracting 15 years. I've managed budgets and contracts with values of over half a billion dollars. I am in the same company of those who own/manage their own companies, CEO's, CFO's, etc. Some are prior service and may be making the transition from enlisted to officer.

Don't be discouraged. Just ensure that you put your best foot forward in putting together a competitive kit. I'm sure when you speak to an recruiter, they will tell you how competitive the programs are and whether or not you qualify for other designators. Good luck.