• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Repeating OAR and Submitting Waiver

Milesfinite

So I've taken the OAR twice and was short 4 points to submit my kit to the board for Crypto Warfare. A friend sent info from the navy HR website in regards to being able to submit a waiver. I do have a GPA of 3.88, references in related field as civilian and some work experience. Recruiter wants me to repeat OAR but that would be my chance at it and I was thinking maybe trying with a waiver first. The article I received from my friend is from May 2022. Not sure if things have changed, but I don't see any recent updates to it. Anyone that can share any insight on this? TIA

exNavyOffRec

Missing lots of info, 4 short of minimum or 4 short of waiverable criteria as they are 2 different things? That makes a difference. You have a 3.88 but in what? History, English, Mechanical Engineering? Do you need any other waivers? All these things are factors in the answer you receive.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So I've taken the OAR twice and was short 4 points to submit my kit to the board for Crypto Warfare. A friend sent info from the navy HR website in regards to being able to submit a waiver. I do have a GPA of 3.88, references in related field as civilian and some work experience. Recruiter wants me to repeat OAR but that would be my chance at it and I was thinking maybe trying with a waiver first. The article I received from my friend is from May 2022. Not sure if things have changed, but I don't see any recent updates to it. Anyone that can share any insight on this? TIA

CW is very competitive and not really a program where you’re asking for waivers,

Milesfinite

Missing lots of info, 4 short of minimum or 4 short of waiverable criteria as they are 2 different things? That makes a difference. You have a 3.88 but in what? History, English, Mechanical Engineering? Do you need any other waivers? All these things are factors in the answer you receive.
4 shorts of minimum score. I have a bachelor's in Advertising. And a certificate in Cyber Security from UT business school. So far I don't know if I'll need a waiver, but waiting on MEPS after submitting records for ADHD that was treated until 2021.

exNavyOffRec

4 shorts of minimum score. I have a bachelor's in Advertising. And a certificate in Cyber Security from UT business school. So far I don't know if I'll need a waiver, but waiting on MEPS after submitting records for ADHD that was treated until 2021.
The score should be easily waiverable, however the bigger issues are your degree doesn't line up with what they for the most part look for, and you need to get that waiver for ADHD. The waiver process for something like that is generally not simple and can involve consults which depending where you live and availability of MEPS contracted doctors can take months.

Milesfinite

The score should be easily waiverable, however the bigger issues are your degree doesn't line up with what they for the most part look for, and you need to get that waiver for ADHD. The waiver process for something like that is generally not simple and can involve consults which depending where you live and availability of MEPS contracted doctors can take months.
Thank you for replying and for the info. I'm going to continue studying. I feel somewhat limited due to age (34). What I'm getting from my recruiter is that I basically only qualify for 3 rates. If it wasn't for that, I would have the score for other rates, which maybe do have age waivers. But I'm not getting any info from him on attempting any waivers for any other rates. And even though crypto would be preferred, I don't mind working another rate. And I don't want to rush re-taking the OAR when MEPS hasn't given an answer in regards to the medical records and it has been over a month now.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for replying and for the info. I'm going to continue studying. I feel somewhat limited due to age (34). What I'm getting from my recruiter is that I basically only qualify for 3 rates. If it wasn't for that, I would have the score for other rates, which maybe do have age waivers. But I'm not getting any info from him on attempting any waivers for any other rates. And even though crypto would be preferred, I don't mind working another rate. And I don't want to rush re-taking the OAR when MEPS hasn't given an answer in regards to the medical records and it has been over a month now.
Designators not rates, if your recruiter is using the term "rates" he or she is probably an enlisted recruiter helping out.

Your age would limit you so that is correct.

Given your past history of ADHD and the records involved I am not surprised it has been a month, I would not be surprised if they gave you a PDQ so then your records would go to N3M, which could lead to consults, etc..... There have been times when the process to get cleared has taken up to a year (not normal), but you should be prepared for several months of waiting.