• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recuiters Forced to Leave UC Santa Cruz

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Thisguy said:
Maybe we need to send these guys over

PulpFiction.jpg

How about this?
iv8fww.jpg

Old NFO

None
HOORAH said:
Well maybe the Navy should reasses that and cut off funding. Why support a program that won't support you back? There are plenty of other schools that would love to get funding for a program. They need to learn not to bite the hand that feeds them.
Trust me, that is being reviewed... Harvard just lost at SCOTUS, so has to allow Recruiters or they will lose ~$45 Million a year in funding.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Old NFO said:
Trust me, that is being reviewed... Harvard just lost at SCOTUS, so has to allow Recruiters or they will lose ~$45 Million a year in funding.
I think that's going to be harder to pull off in this case...

UCSC would likely argue that they made a genuine good-faith effort to let the recruiters appear. It was a group of students acting independently that caused the disruption.

Claiming such a thing wouldn't be entirely untrue - there wasn't a lot they could do beyond provide security and keep the crowd under control.

That being said... f*** them, take the federal money away.

Kycntryboy

pilot
pennst8 said:
Once inside, the women liberated many of their pamphlets and DVDs!

I can't say I'm much better... every time I go to my recruiter's building, I'm trying to "liberate" as many of those nice Navy pens as possible. :D

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
I can't say I'm much better... every time I go to my recruiter's building, I'm trying to "liberate" as many of those nice Navy pens as possible. :D

Those pens are made by evil blind people and should be freed from their repressed lives as mere government functionaries!

FREE THE PENS NOW!!!

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
PropStop said:
Those pens are made by evil blind people and should be freed from their repressed lives as mere government functionaries!

FREE THE PENS NOW!!!

If the pens are made by the blind... how do they know they work?

----------------
Taste test. Duh.
----------------
(highlight between the lines for other half of bad joke)

Kiitana

I say if they don't want the military on the campus, then fine. No recruiters on campus, no posters, no nothing. However, then the students can't whine when their tuition and fees go up from the loss of Federal Funding (I don't know what it is down there, but here at the U of Wa it's $300-400 million a year). There was a push up here to do the same thing, including getting rid of ROTC. Fat chance though. The protesters weren't bold enough to picket Clark Hall (houses Army, AF, and Navy ROTC Units), but rather marched down the street to picket the Marine Corps Officer Recruiting station. The little signs they had were hilarious!

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Kiitana said:
I say if they don't want the military on the campus, then fine. No recruiters on campus, no posters, no nothing. However, then the students can't whine when their tuition and fees go up from the loss of Federal Funding (I don't know what it is down there, but here at the U of Wa it's $300-400 million a year). There was a push up here to do the same thing, including getting rid of ROTC. Fat chance though. The protesters weren't bold enough to picket Clark Hall (houses Army, AF, and Navy ROTC Units), but rather marched down the street to picket the Marine Corps Officer Recruiting station. The little signs they had were hilarious!
HAHA!! Yeah we get those every so often here. It blocks a useless street on campus and there is normally more vets there to keep an eye on the protesters than actual protesters. It is funny. The signs are pretty amusing. My OSO just laughs and is like so who wants to PT today? That way he won't have to be in the office (since they always do it on a Saturday).