• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter said only 3 month wait after LASIK?

crj021

Hey all,

So I just took the ASTB today and am scheduled to get LASIK next Friday, and when speaking with my officer recruiter he said that there is now just a 3 month wait after getting LASIK to go through MEPS / apply to OCS so long as you have reports from your surgeon every 30 days, and said that this a new rule. I thought it was a 6 month wait, as it says on the current NAMI waiver guide. Is he right that this is the case, or is it still a 6 month wait? Thanks

I just went to MEPS last week after my LASIK wait period and the doctor specifically looked for documentation that it had been six months. Its always possible that something just changed or my MEPS was not up to date. Good luck to you.

azguy

None
He's wrong! There was a new instruction signed yesterday. It's now a 60-month wait after having LASIK. 30-month wait for PRK.

-Some random dude on the internet

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
crj021, Here's your first military lesson. Trust but verify. I usually tell people I'm from Missouri, the SHOW ME state. Then I ask them to show me (or give me) the reference, so I can see it first hand. Lesson learned, now move on. :D