• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Really??: Ten Thousand Feet and Ten Thousand Miles (A UAV Article)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
As has been determined, he's referring to the crafmaster pin. However, mids who go on their summer cruise on YPs don't get the craftmaster pin. The only guys that get it are the uber-motivated wannabe SWOs at the Naval Academy that are members of the YP Squadron. Seriously, as an extracurricular - these guys man up the YPs and tool around on them. The Commanding Officer of each YP in the YP Squadron is a mid, as is the Executive Officer, Navigator, etc... It's where the weirdos hang out. And get a craftmaster pin.

Here's a glimpse into their weird sub-culture...

JOES.

Renegade One

None
That link is broken, but I heard "stories."
Linky worked for me. For those who can't stand the suspense, here's the Article Title and first line:

WARNING: Potential AW Copyright Violation.

USNA YP Squadron Holds Change Of Command

by Jessica Clark, Trident Managing Editor
AR-111209993.jpg&maxw=290
U.S. Navy photo by MC2 Alexia Riveracorrea
Midshipman 2nd Class Maxwell Margolia-Casillas, left, relieves Midshipman 2nd Class Phillip Giammanco, right, as a Yard Patrol Craft Pennant commanding officer while outgoing YP squadron commodore Midshipman 1st Class Daniel Watts, center, looks on in Mahan Hall Nov. 29. The Naval Academy held the fall 2011 Yard Patrol Craft Squadron change of command ceremony to recognize the relief of the squadron commodore and four YP commanding officers.
More News
advertisement
The Naval Academy held the fall 2011 Yard Patrol Craft Squadron change of command ceremony Nov. 29 in Mahan Hall to recognize the relief of the squadron commodore and four YP commanding officers.
[N.B.: Emphasis added by poster.]
The accompanying photo would seem to indicate that this is a MUCH bigger deal than the Chess Club or the Chapel Choir. So maybe just a little RESPECT is in order?!?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I mentioned in a previous post, I support any action to reduce the precedence of the DWM; however, I will not take part in any poll/petition that requires "creating an account", just to cast a vote. Smells suspiciously like 'mining' for e-mail addresses, and other personal data. Further, in today's political climate, an unknown entity called whitehouse.gov raises 'baker', but that's just me.:rolleyes:
BzB

BackOrdered

Contributor
Linky worked for me. For those who can't stand the suspense, here's the Article Title and first line:

It worked on my other PC.

*Reads Article*

Yeah, thats just...umm......yeah.

So recently enough a YP from USNA grounded. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what happens to the MIDN YP Skipper in that case?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
.... I will not take part in any poll/petition that requires "creating an account", ..... .:rolleyes:
BzB

Spot on. That is why I have a number of email accounts.
1) Immediate family; close friends
2) General email - acquaintances
3) Use for legit web activity e.g., Ebay; Amazon
4) Use for Blogs, Surveys and such. This account is always full, I never even read, just delete.

phrogpilot73

The accompanying photo would seem to indicate that this is a MUCH bigger deal than the Chess Club or the Chapel Choir. So maybe just a little RESPECT is in order?!?
I'm guessing you're not an Academy grad. Because my response to that is umm, yeah, no. The YP Squadron (to include their officer representatives) are seriously the weirdest dudes on the yard. They maintain this entire sub-culture, and try to take the fact that they're a YP Commanding Officer back to the hall. Impressive. Wait, you're a second class... And I'm a three striper firstie on Brigade staff. STFU. Again, it's a big deal amongst themselves, but no so much to the rest of the Brigade.

So recently enough a YP from USNA grounded. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what happens to the MIDN YP Skipper in that case?
Nothing. The Chief that actually IS the craftmaster? That's a whole 'nuther story...

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing. The Chief that actually IS the craftmaster? That's a whole 'nuther story...
I'm shocked that the Navy's own MSM... Navy Crimes isn't all over this like 'Ghans on a goat', along with all it's other negative news!:(
BzB

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
??? Musta missed something...
No one I know bothers with NT any more over the last 5-10 years, since it's headlines & lead stories appeared to emphasize negative news/military misdeeds, CO firings, more than our positive accomplishments. This pub which used to be a staple in Navy homes, working spaces, ready rooms & barracks... now, not so much. I've seen many refer to it now as 'Navy Crimes' often, even here on our AW website. It's not our former NT any more, but that's just my opinion, your experience may differ.
BzB

Renegade One

None
['Navy Times' =] 'Navy Crimes' often, even here on our AW website. It's not our former NT any more, but that's just my opinion, your experience may differ.
BzB

Okay got it. Thanks. Actually, Navy Times had a longish article and "commentary" on this very subject in this week's edition….which I received in the mail today. Just outed myself, I guess...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
No one I know bothers with NT any more over the last 5-10 years, since it's headlines & lead stories appeared to emphasize negative news/military misdeeds, CO firings, more than our positive accomplishments. This pub which used to be a staple in Navy homes, working spaces, ready rooms & barracks... now, not so much. I've seen many refer to it now as 'Navy Crimes' often, even here on our AW website. It's not our former NT any more, but that's just my opinion, your experience may differ.
BzB

With the exception of Broadside cartoon; that's still pretty funny!