• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Real STOL Studs!

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
What makes it even more impressive is that it looks like they're operating at a high density altitude up in the mountains... I'll bet they could really rock it out at sea level....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What makes it even more impressive is that it looks like they're operating at a high density altitude up in the mountains... I'll bet they could really rock it out at sea level....

The video said it was Valdez, which is pretty close to sea level.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
And probably (but not surely) pretty cold, which would again shorten t/o distance...

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
And probably (but not surely) pretty cold, which would again shorten t/o distance...

...they were still taking off and landing around 100'. Amazing no matter how you slice it.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
You guys need to see the video shot from the other side of the runway.

Ouch?

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
I'm sure a 30kt wind in the face doesn't hurt either. I have a video of a Piper Super Cub doing this stuff.... I don't have my home computer hooked up, so I'll have to post the videos later, but its impressive nonetheless! Who needs a runway when you can use a small parking lot?!?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I'm sure a 30kt wind in the face doesn't hurt either. I have a video of a Piper Super Cub doing this stuff.... I don't have my home computer hooked up, so I'll have to post the videos later, but its impressive nonetheless! Who needs a runway when you can use a small parking lot?!?

This stuff really shouldn't be that impressive to a harrier guy.:D

ryan1234

Word from the grapevine is that the prop is really the most important part of the STOL on those airplanes..... 'course the low ground pressure doesn't hurt either