• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re: former Pres. Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
former Pres. Clinton

Does anyone know whose Boeing BBJ he used for the trip to & from North Korea? He's made some serious money since he left office, but enough to shell out $40MM or so for a BBJ? I doubt that.

Nothing I've read has said that it is a government a/c, so I'm wondering who this thing belongs to. Obviously, the federal gov't. will reimburse him or whoever the owner is for the costs of the trip. Maybe it's an unmarked a/c belonging to the Dept. of State or the CIA.

Anybody know??

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good on him for using his influence to bring home two wrongly imprisoned American citizens. "But he's legitimizing Kim Jong Il!" :rolleyes: Yeah, BFD. A photo-op w/ Clinton doesn't change the opinion of anyone who matters - only those which don't.

Brett

Fog

None
Contributor
Anybody really care?

A wise man once said "Follow the money and you'll learn a lot about the world you live in".

I think we should care whose jet he uses. Hell, it may belong to the head sheik in the UAE. If it isn't his or our government's, then he's serving somebody (as Mr. Dylan used to say).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm with Brett. Who gives a shit, they're home. If palling around with President Clinton gives the dear leader a chub, who cares? NK thinks they got something out of it...Maybe some propaganda in that a former President accepted the release in return for a pardon (which implies wrong doing), but the North Koreans are already brainwashed, so what's the difference?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
I wonder what he promised NK for their safe release and return.

He's a former president not acting in any official capacity, so it doesn't really matter what he promises.

I'm really disturbed by the folks that would rather see the two women stay in prison or us take military action with nuclear power, than send a figurehead to pal around for a photo op.

Nordo

[FONT=ARIAL,]N2121 -

SHANGRI LA ENTERTAINMENT LLC
C/O AVJET CORP
4301 EMPIRE AVE
BURBANK, CA 91505

The company is owned by Steve Bing, who just happens to be a contributor to the Clinton Foundation at the 10-25 million level.

[/FONT]

Fog

None
Contributor
[FONT=ARIAL,]N2121 - [/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,]SHANGRI LA ENTERTAINMENT LLC [/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,]C/O AVJET CORP[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,]4301 EMPIRE AVE[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,]BURBANK, CA 91505[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,]The company is owned by Steve Bing, who just happens to be a contributor to the Clinton Foundation at the 10-25 million level. [/FONT]

Bingo! Thanks, Nordo. I hope no one thought I wasn't glad & grateful the 2 ladies are home. Also, I give a rip what got promised for their return - that decision is above my pay grade. Point is, people don't loan BBJ's to casual acquaintances.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Personally ... were I a woman ... I'd rather be locked up in a NK prison than locked up in a tube @ 39,000' w/ Bill Clinton ... :eek:

But that's just me ...
:)

exhelodrvr

pilot
"He's a former president not acting in any official capacity, so it doesn't really matter what he promises.

I'm really disturbed by the folks that would rather see the two women stay in prison or us take military action with nuclear power, than send a figurehead to pal around for a photo op. "

Not so. Former Presidents are not figureheads; public actions/statements by them carry a lot of weight. When it happens to be the husband of the Secretary of State, acting in a quasi-official capacity (and this was not done without the approval of the White House) that carries even more weight.

Potentially this is akin to paying ransom to pirates; it does confer a degree of legitimacy on the actions North Korea took against the individuals. Hopefully nothing more than attention was given in the exchange. It remains to be seen what the long-term results will be.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I was more excited to see Al Gore in the footage. Glad to see he's found other projects since Manbearpig was found. WOOOSH!

Status
Not open for further replies.