• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No biggie... Heck, there is a chance I don’t even know.. Never did GA. I’m learning all this on the fly..
So, with no GA experience you bought an AMATEUR built aircraft, jumped in and flew it 200 miles? Holy cow. I'd be hearing all sorts of imagined noises and seeing needles quivering and digits blinking the entire flight. I'd need plenty of Pepto bismol for that trip.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Don't you need at least a PPL and a type rating?
Type ratings are only for aircraft with max gross weight over 12,500lbs and for any jet.

(There are one or two light aircraft that have special FARs requiring specific type training, but an SFAR requirement is legally different that a type rating.)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
So, with no GA experience you bought an AMATEUR built aircraft, jumped in and flew it 200 miles? Holy cow. I'd be hearing all sorts of imagined noises and seeing needles quivering and digits blinking the entire flight. I'd need plenty of Pepto bismol for that trip.

He filled out an ORM sheet and took it to the Opso. His numbers were way too high so OPS told him to change a couple numbers and get the X.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
More like 300 miles.. (Tulsa to Memphis) Oh, off a grass strip too.. Oh and took the AM jumpseat so left the house at 0115. Got back around 1630. Brought it back with another Airbus Captain that owns a Pitts S2.. So more got to scare him than myself. Shockingly, it’s much more stable than I expected!
Don't you need at least a PPL and a type rating?
I have a MEL ATP and SEL Commercial.. Which trumps a PPL. Fun fact is I have never had a Private.

added picture for clarity

Last edited: