• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More like 300 miles.. (Tulsa to Memphis) Oh, off a grass strip too.. Oh and took the AM jumpseat so left the house at 0115. Got back around 1630. Brought it back with another Airbus Captain that owns a Pitts S2.. So more got to scare him than myself. Shockingly, it’s much more stable than I expected!
So, flight duty time and rest requirement issues as well :). Ah, really the odds are you won't kill yourself in it until the first year after you retire. Welcome to the club. Have fun!

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
So, flight duty time and rest requirement issues as well :). Ah, really the odds are you won't kill yourself in it until the first year after you retire. Welcome to the club. Have fun!
I can’t tell if this is serious or sarcasm...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm curious, what made you go with two separate Comms plus a GPS instead of going with a 650 and one Comm? I ask because it seems like whatever combo of Garmin items I can think up that results in the same capability, they've managed to price them all to come up about the same when put together.

Clever on Garmin's part.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
First flight since the whole COVID-19 mess...easy to social distance at 1500 feet. I was able to see the Blues and T’Birds way off to the west above KHEF but only because they had their smoke trails going (no photos, sorry). Beautiful day!

Over the Potomac looking towards Pax River. Dalghren is to the right just out of the frame.

Over Indian Head...I think @Pags had the defense systems down today!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Are you allowed to fly over Ft Belvior?
If I ask nice! I have done it before but they aren’t as cool about it as Quantico. If things are slow Quantico will allow touch and go landings.

Pags

N/A
pilot
First flight since the whole COVID-19 mess...easy to social distance at 1500 feet. I was able to see the Blues and T’Birds way off to the west above KHEF but only because they had their smoke trails going (no photos, sorry). Beautiful day!

View attachment 25535
Over the Potomac looking towards Pax River. Dalghren is to the right just out of the frame.

View attachment 25536
Over Indian Head...I think @Pags had the defense systems down today!
Just drawing you in...more mulch coming soon and The People could use some Yankee Air Pirate volunteers to help beautify the People's Yard.

skybert

Skybert
I'm curious, what made you go with two separate Comms plus a GPS instead of going with a 650 and one Comm? I ask because it seems like whatever combo of Garmin items I can think up that results in the same capability, they've managed to price them all to come up about the same when put together.

Clever on Garmin's part.
Needed a transponder and ads-b. It’s all in the gps. GNX375 to be exact. It costs less than say a GTN650 and a separate ads-b transponder

Flew the first time today, did a practice LPV approach followed with a VOR approach, worked perfect.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ah yes, ADS-B/Transponder. Forgot about that part. That makes sense. Still, I maintain that Garmin manages to price everything close to one another for capability, and all of it is priced more than I want to spend!

skybert

Skybert
Ah yes, ADS-B/Transponder. Forgot about that part. That makes sense. Still, I maintain that Garmin manages to price everything close to one another for capability, and all of it is priced more than I want to spend!
Oh for sure. For god’s sake, don’t tell my wife how much this costs.......

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Week or so ago a UH-1H appears to have lost a tail rotor over a Phoenix suburb. On a cross country from Blythe, I think. Two on board. One lived. Sad. No other info known to me.