• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Ok. So yesterday I joined you GA flyers and was able to ferry my purchase from OK01 to M01.
It reminded me of flying T-34s. Well, except the P Factor, constant trimming, having a clue, scared to die, and having an instructor yelling at me. But yup, just like 26 years ago.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Ok. So yesterday I joined you GA flyers and was able to ferry my purchase from OK01 to M01.
View attachment 25068
It reminded me of flying T-34s. Well, except the P Factor, constant trimming, having a clue, scared to die, and having an instructor yelling at me. But yup, just like 26 years ago.
Very cool, it what’s that thing on the bottom below the prop? I thought RVs were tail draggers!

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Very cool, it what’s that thing on the bottom below the prop? I thought RVs were tail draggers!
’A’s are nose wheel. RV-8A. Initially I was looking at tail draggers but came across this one. And after talking with lots of friends, think “though no bragging rights” I think the tricycle gear will fit what I want better.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I think its an RV-8A which in Van's nomenclature means is tricycle gear. Beautiful airplane and the three-bladed C/S prop is a nice upgrade. I did the "build an RV" workshop at Oshkosh last year and was impressed at the quality of the kit. A tremendous airplane for the money. @FrankTheTank is demonstrating life well lived!

taxi1

pilot
giphy.gif

RV-8 is my dream light civil aircraft.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is that a MT Prop? I don't see the prop controller, but maybe it's something different than what I'm looking for.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ahh. It didn't quite look like a MT Prop, but it didn't look like a Sensinich/McCauley/etc.