• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The 170 view in the joinup…. It was a little tricky because his airspeeds are so much slower.. I’m used to flying off other RVs.. 50 knots slower sure changes things…
View attachment 36423
Really now. With a little luck will be doing some air to air photo work with my Luscombe and an RV-7A this Sunday. We will probably be at about 60-65kts difference. The RV pilot is a Hornet dude current in form, so I we have that going for us.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Really now. With a little luck will be doing some air to air photo work with my Luscombe and an RV-7A this Sunday. We will probably be at about 60-65kts difference. The RV pilot is a Hornet dude current in form, so I we have that going for us.
He might be a bit shocked at the Luscombe’s “top speed.”

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Nice day of “mission” flying today. I took a grad student from Maryland up to monitor erosion and some kind of chemical levels of these grassy islands in the river. We had a lot of fun and the kid was thrilled to be in a helicopter to monitor his gear (he mentioned that airplanes sometimes move too fast to catch every signal). Basically we mapped all his sensors and I flew a route to hit them all while he used some gizmo in his lap to record the information.

C5DAFD93-4821-4BA8-8DEB-700C0E6EE69D.jpeg

Back at VKX I saw some of the guys had their toys out!
FC59100E-5853-4179-812A-2A7B9028DD2B.jpeg

6C9D4CA9-0697-4FBB-99E8-1A2A933A45B1.jpeg

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Nice day of “mission” flying today. I took a grad student from Maryland up to monitor erosion and some kind of chemical levels of these grassy islands in the river. We had a lot of fun and the kid was thrilled to be in a helicopter to monitor his gear (he mentioned that airplanes sometimes move too fast to catch every signal). Basically we mapped all his sensors and I flew a route to hit them all while he used some gizmo in his lap to record the information.

View attachment 36427

Back at VKX I saw some of the guys had their toys out!
View attachment 36428

View attachment 36429
What kind of helo?

number9

Contributor
Both those bikes are outside my riding ability, style, and wallet!!!
Just kidding, they make some other great bikes as well. I rode an R1150RT across France, Germany, and Switzerland and it was the perfect tool for the job. An electric windshield was one of those "I never knew I always needed this" experiences...

Just to clarify, the 1000R & RR bikes are completely outside of my riding ability as well.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sometimes I think it would be easier to just pull money out of an ATM and throw it in the street, but a couple laps around the pattern yesterday were enjoyable.

52418669259_23345d90f5_b.jpg