• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Sometimes I think it would be easier to just pull money out of an ATM and throw it in the street, but a couple laps around the pattern yesterday were enjoyable.

52418669259_23345d90f5_b.jpg
MT prop?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes please!

View attachment 36448
The DoD chopped up all the T-34Cs, so this may be your only chance at a nicely upgraded T-34C. There aren’t many out there…and this one has hard points for external carry.

Edit: found my post from 2015

Last edited:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Correct.

I'm trying to figure out why they painted "NX34CC" on that T-34. Inside it seems to be "N34CC." I'm wondering if this is the same plane that keeps turning up every 5 years or so for sale (and posted here), but with a new paint job.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Correct.

I'm trying to figure out why they painted "NX34CC" on that T-34. Inside it seems to be "N34CC." I'm wondering if this is the same plane that keeps turning up every 5 years or so for sale (and posted here), but with a new paint job.
The FAA has it registered as N34CC…it was originally N234CK.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The FAA has it registered as N34CC…it was originally N234CK.
Found the answer…and it is interesting.

This particular aircraft never flew for Uncle Sam, but was instead sold directly by Beech to Gabon, Africa. When it was purchased privately d returned to the US it was rebuilt as an experimental. Because it was technically a “warbird” (in Gabon) FAR 45.22 allows the owner to use the "X" (for experimental aircraft) if aircraft is either a US civil aircraft built at least 30 years ago, or an experimental aircraft that is a replica of a US civil aircraft built at least 30 years ago! Interestingly, the “X” on the fuselage isn’t on the actual registration but allows the owner to skip all the “Experimental” placards in the cockpit. This has,Ed me to the conclusion that the FAR’s are much like the Bible…a rule to challenge every rule.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Interestingly, the “X” on the fuselage isn’t on the actual registration but allows the owner to skip all the “Experimental” placards in the cockpit.

That sounds like the real reason right there. Thanks for the info.

In other news, as someone who was battling impending ED for the last year until my last annual in June, I appreciated this helpful PSA.