• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
First, I can’t believe any pilot thought it would be a good idea to hang five or six guys off the aft side of a King Air…AND throttle back on the port engine to make it easier! Good recovery, but I bet the last guy out wasn’t too happy.

taxi1

pilot
First, I can’t believe any pilot thought it would be a good idea to hang five or six guys off the aft side of a King Air…AND throttle back on the port engine to make it easier! Good recovery, but I bet the last guy out wasn’t too happy.

He's got big right wing down ailerons in, leading to the inevitable fall off on the left when it stalls. Very cool video.

jmcquate

Contributor
In a twin, do you manipulate the throttles to match the rudder inputs to recover from a spin?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
In a twin, do you manipulate the throttles to match the rudder inputs to recover from a spin?
If you're absolutely desperate then perhaps. The engines out there on the wings have a barbell effect, that's the main reason spins are a prohibited maneuver in most every twin.

This video appears that the pilot made recovery control inputs before it became a fully developed spin, which probably made all the difference.

There are a few odd examples of spin testing in twins over the years, but usually with a drag chute to help the recovery and usually with the same result- prohibited in the flight manual.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Years ago my dad got to fly a Ford Trimotor (I was in the back with my mom) into that airport! The trimotor was part of an old local airline.
Playing with the "wide angle" on my new phone (Pixel 6, awesome btw) - you can see Perry's Monument off the nose. "Don't give up the ship" - funny that the USNA flag / emblem refers to a battle on a lake and not an ocean.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Playing with the "wide angle" on my new phone (Pixel 6, awesome btw) - you can see Perry's Monument off the nose. "Don't give up the ship" - funny that the USNA flag / emblem refers to a battle on a lake and not an ocean.

View attachment 33411
“Don’t Give Up The Ship!” sounds a lot better than “You’ll Have to Wade Ashore if We Don’t Win!”

Hair Warrior

Contributor