• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I know - I suspect the license plate press is being quickly reworked. But still their heart was in the right place.
Agree, they're being gracious and open about an honest mistake.

I didn't dig deep into the entire story yet so I haven't heard if anyone called them out about it at the moment of the public unveiling... but I sure hope so! :p

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I honestly interpreted the picture as the banner leading the way rather than the plane towing it, but I guess I see the problem after I look at it for more than 2 seconds.

I just wish that weirdo kid would get off the lawn.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
New home for the Southwest Chapter of the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation.
Private owner is making us a fantastic deal on the lease. He moved out his PC-9 to a brand new even larger hangar on the same field. This place has over 400 sq feet of office space, a kitchenet with full size refrigerator, dedicated ice maker, soft water, an overhead digital projector for movie night and complete sound system, compressed air, and a 24 foot diameter Big Ass brand fan. The soft water also feeds a 50 foot hose on an electric reel so he could wash his plane in the hangar with soft water.

We moved our UH-1H from the restoration facility at Inter-Coastal Electronics so we had room to install the rotor system and start flight testing. The Cobra was transferred from the CAF Museum at Airbase AZ so we can begin the engine deck delamination repair. This hangar will be reserved for our airworthy projects, segregated from the static display aircraft for work process safety purposes. The Loach in the photo IS a trailered non-airworthy aircraft, but took temporary refuge in the new hangar for some cosmetic work only. It will be removed to make space for the Cobra repair work and eventually our airworthy OH-6 project (basket case) will take up residence in this hangar. We expect to have the Huey flying by the end of the year.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I honestly interpreted the picture as the banner leading the way rather than the plane towing it, but I guess I see the problem after I look at it for more than 2 seconds.

I just wish that weirdo kid would get off the lawn.
And he better clean up after his dog!

jmcquate

Contributor
Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
119oaohdh0 ·

We are aware that the plane on the new Ohio license plate unveiled this morning was oriented in the wrong direction. We regret this mistake and have fixed the image. This is the correct design that will be reflected on all new plates issued to Ohio drivers.
⬇️

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Hey @ChuckMK23 are these your guys?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Hey @ChuckMK23 are these your guys?

Some of the same pot of money - but different program. But AF is going all out to identify pilot candidates and prep for UPT - and with a heavy emphasis on diversity. "Rated Diversity" supplies a good deal of our funding - for example the RPP program I described in early September where CAP delivers 10+ hours of dual instruction to active duty UPT career change candidates who did not get selected the first time they applied because of low testing scores. This is is the same vein. Its a startegic thing in the AF now to cast the net as wide as possible for rated (pilot) candidates. We do fund CAP to give "O-rides" for local colllege AFROTC and high school JROTC.
This is amazing - if a youngster is headed to the USAFA or AFROTC - free dual instruction!

ChuckMK23

pilot
The question is does the Navy amd Marine Corps feel the squuze in perspective pilot scores and is Primary being retooled to eliminate the "attrition" mindset. Attrition in AF UPT is a big no-no unless the candidate is hopeless.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The question is does the Navy amd Marine Corps feel the squuze in perspective pilot scores and is Primary being retooled to eliminate the "attrition" mindset. Attrition in AF UPT is a big no-no unless the candidate is hopeless.

I never saw this mindset and I have a hard time believing it's a thing now at the Primary level. There's a standard, but with MPTS, there's so many opportunities to keep training (random API/NIFE antics not-withstanding...sometimes you need to deal with random ornithological serial killers).

Granted it was only one squadron, but I only saw one academic attrite when I was a Primary IP. I saw two other FNAEBs at the FRS (one on each coast), but all three of those were pretty well documented and the Primary one made it all the way to his intermediate CCX before he was boarded and eventually removed from training.

I would offer that if the AF is against losing additional opportunities for UPT, they probably shouldn't do a free flight program in Milton in the summer in a Cessna. That will make for one damp seat cushion.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Some quick pics from this past Friday's flight - quick day trip to Chicagoland KDPA with my C-17 driver boss. Here we are on the visual for 2L @ KDPA, "track the localizer inbound" after some vectoring. For a heavy jet guy he's pretty good with a GA bug smasher. We have a lot of SA in the C182T NAVIII in addition to bluetooth to the Foreflight EFB's. We had a Det lunch at Portillos. I got the return leg home, from the right seat - with icing and and RNAV LPV to mins at home field. While we mostly fly single pilot in our day to day duties, when we fly with 2 pilots onboard we do some unofficial PF/PM duties brief and some airline style callouts to keep both folks engaged in the conduct of the flight - the uniformed mil AF folks in my DET prefer this - all come from a AMC background. The other GS civil service pilots are mostly "you fly, I'll sleep"...

Last edited: