• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I knew a guy that ferried a R-22 from the factory in Torrance to the North Slope during the big oil rush. Had to make three off airport landings for one thing or another.

One of the paramedics I worked with also had his Rotary Commercial and was R-xx qual'ed. Every so often, he'd take ferry flights from CA to where ever they had to go just for extra cash. He didn't really fly much otherwise, but it was apparently worth it to him. Amusing, since he already had two jobs and was (by his own admission) pretty lazy.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
6 Corpus T-6's on the ramp here at KLUK. Fly over support for UC vs UCF football game? This is an unusual sight...PXL_20211016_154751908~2.jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
My home airfield, KVKX got a compass rose painted today! Interestingly enough it was properly surveyed and approved by the FAA for compass swings.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don't know the what or The who of this video other than it's in a 109, but pretty cool

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Ok… Bear with me please with me but this will be Aviation related. So since Millington closed the stables, this has been my wife’s dance getting ready for a trail ride. Her trailer with living quarters is too big to drive down the road to her barn (we lease land and a barn, 4 horses, I think).
So I finally got a day off with good weather and was able to grab a picture of my new house. 8 miles from my current house but another county (less taxes) and most importantly 12 acres and only ONE minute longer to work because of a newly built interstate exit. Closing Thursday. Movers Tuesday and closing on old house the following Thursday. 32991

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Beautiful day today to take out one of the kids who‘s Mom was instrumental with helping my son get his Eagle Scout. And the kid wants to be a pilot, bonus! Great view of the pyramid…. And downtown. I don’t think anybody shot at us.. At least there were no bullet holes on post flight bug clean up…

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Great view of the pyramid….

So is that the actual Mothership, or just the landing pad?

At least there were no bullet holes on post flight bug clean up…

Not sure if you do the Youtube, but Stevo1Kenevo found a bullet hole in the TBM 850 he flies out of KOPF. Although evidence showed that the bullet was on descent, not ascent. Either way, it sounded expensive.