• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Beautiful day for a XC yesterday with @PEPfromage to eastern Tennessee (KTRI) - (who is almost complete with his fixed wing timebuilding for ATP MEL mins!)

Beautiful scenery compared to the flatland midwest

However, the whole flight was a continuous stream of "Lets Go Brandon" on Guard - clearly from airline dudes. Took a while and some internet searching to realize it's a thing among airline crews - what say you @HAL Pilot and @Jim123 - lol. I mean we almost had to turn off COM 2 because of the continuous stream of hysterics on Part 121 Common ...I mean Guard

number9

Contributor
Canadien Bell 412 stopped by to get fuel - based in Montreal - they are on a XC to 29 Palms for exercise with Marines. Quite a XC!!!!!
I'm sure a 412 is more comfortable than an R-22, but it reminded me of this quote from Philip Greenspun who flew an R-22 from coast to coast. "For the first day, I was worried that I was going to die. On the fifth and sixth days, I was worried that I wasn't going to die."

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure a 412 is more comfortable than an R-22, but it reminded me of this quote from Philip Greenspun who flew an R-22 from coast to coast. "For the first day, I was worried that I was going to die. On the fifth and sixth days, I was worried that I wasn't going to die."
I kind of get that - although I thought I was doomed at about the half way point! I just heard my bird is finished at the shop, is flying fit, and I should finish the final chapter of my coast-to-coast flight in the next two weeks or so.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
We flew a couple of TH-57s from Whiting to San Diego about twenty tears ago when I was a flight student. I'm pretty sure it took us four days (or three and a half). Not the most comfortable way to get that far but overall the trip was AWESOME!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I knew a guy that ferried a R-22 from the factory in Torrance to the North Slope during the big oil rush. Had to make three off airport landings for one thing or another.