• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Insert joke here about an NFO needing that little comm gouge panel on the left . . . :D
Comms is what NFOs do, right? No gouge required. Actually was attached by previous owner who taught his daughter to fly in it. I hate it. Am dying to take it off, but afraid I'll mess up the paint.

GroundPounder

Comms is what NFOs do, right? No gouge required. Actually was attached by previous owner who taught his daughter to fly in it. I hate it. Am dying to take it off, but afraid I'll mess up the paint.

I have had success with this product, and never damaged paint when removing adhesive from painted surfaces. If you're still hesitant, you could always put another placard on top of that one with information that you want/like/need.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm scratching my head about the gauge layout. Two for one! @wink, do you own this 1946 build Luscombe 8A Silvaire?
Yep, Sold my Cessna 170B. It sat around too much during my medical issue. Couldn't be sure I would get my medical back. Can fly the Luscombe LSA with no medical. Love the Luscombe. Owned one back in the 80s. But I miss the -170 a lot. The Luscombe was restored by the Don Luscombe Foundation, so the panel is pretty close to original. The Foundation raffled it off. I won it ?.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, Sold my Cessna 170B. It sat around too much during my medical issue. Couldn't be sure I would get my medical back. Can fly the Luscombe LSA with no medical. Love the Luscombe. Owned one back in the 80s. But I miss the -170 a lot. The Luscombe was restored by the Don Luscombe Foundation, so the panel is pretty close to original. The Foundation raffled it off. I won it ?.
That explains this photo (you are a lucky man):
EDIT: Looks like the old girl has had a few paint jobs.

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
4 hours of IMC today - a simple repositioning flight to break in the new guy. 3 RNAV approaches and 1 ILS - the aircraft I flew today does not have WAAS, so manual RAIM checks and LNAV mins (snif, snif, no LPV, oh the humanity)

You can see some of the mission equipment on the right side of the panel including (ELT/PLB locator, SAT phone - still figuring THAT out) but everything else is Gen 1 G1000 with some specialized functionality like built in SAR patterns. First time using a call sign that has nothing to do with the side # or N number. We were PARD 33. Program your call sign/flight # into the transponder before taxi. Fun times!