• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
m08tQMh.jpg

One of my flights from a few years ago.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You can see some of the mission equipment on the right side of the panel including (ELT/PLB locator, SAT phone - still figuring THAT out)

Is that radio system on the far left also a VHF/UHF/800 system for first responders? It's hard to tell but the display looks similar (but not the same) as our radio at work.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that radio system on the far left also a VHF/UHF/800 system for first responders? It's hard to tell but the display looks similar (but not the same) as our radio at work.
Oh yeah. Didn't notice until you mentioned it. Good eyes. Vary similar to what I have used.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
4 hours of IMC today - a simple repositioning flight to break in the new guy. 3 RNAV approaches and 1 ILS - the aircraft I flew today does not have WAAS, so manual RAIM checks and LNAV mins (snif, snif, no LPV, oh the humanity)

You can see some of the mission equipment on the right side of the panel including (ELT/PLB locator, SAT phone - still figuring THAT out) but everything else is Gen 1 G1000 with some specialized functionality like built in SAR patterns. First time using a call sign that has nothing to do with the side # or N number. We were PARD 33. Program your call sign/flight # into the transponder before taxi. Fun times!

View attachment 27800

View attachment 27801

Oooooooo, you're squadron has one of the fancy G1000 cockpits. Very nice. I recommend ground flying the ELT/EPIRB/PLT equipment or going through the Basic Observer course. It really helped me.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fahrevgnugen!
What's funny, aside from watching @Griz882 completely butcher the spelling, is that Fahrvergnügen was not really a word until a bunch of marketing people in Volkswagen came up with it. I mean it basically means "joy (or pleasure) from driving," and it makes grammatical sense, but it's about as much of an actual word as "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" was before Mary Poppins.

taxi1

pilot
What's funny, aside from watching @Griz882 completely butcher the spelling, is that Fahrvergnügen was not really a word until a bunch of marketing people in Volkswagen came up with it. I mean it basically means "joy (or pleasure) from driving," and it makes grammatical sense, but it's about as much of an actual word as "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" was before Mary Poppins.
Buhzzenkillün

Pags

N/A
pilot
That's kind of how german works. Smashing together a bunch of smaller words to make a.bigger word... zeitgeist, flak, volkswagen, etc.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor