• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
195 fly in to Hawks Nest this weekend but today they came up to KFYE. Good 50 airplanes (Lots of Cubs, few RVs, 3 T-6s and a mixed bag of Cessnas and other stuff) and at least same number of sports cars. Even convinced wife to go fly with me. Great weather and great day. Couple screenshots of Hawks Nest (4TN3) after they all left and went down there (a whopping 6 miles away).

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Flew a nice 1.5 this afternoon. The picture below is a failure as I was trying to get the Maryland State Police helicopter in the frame, it was just below me...but it is a nice shot of the town just East the Navy’s Indian Head facility. Maybe @Pags can see his house in this one! In any case, the new LE heli is a nice looking aircraft.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Flew a nice 1.5 this afternoon. The picture below is a failure as I was trying to get the Maryland State Police helicopter in the frame, it was just below me...but it is a nice shot of the town just East the Navy’s Indian Head facility. Maybe @Pags can see his house in this one! In any case, the new LE heli is a nice looking aircraft.

View attachment 27615
My house is out of the pic frame right. Probably at your 3-4 o'clock and 15mi or so.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
@FrankTheTank your RV-8 is beautiful especially with the 3 bladed C/S prop. Is the motor a true Lycoming or it it one of the higher performance copies (Titan?). Awesome whatever it is.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Had a chance to fly my first “charity” flight today. I took a representative from an area environmental organization for a flight around a quarry near Fredericksburg. They are monitoring the health of some small streams and ponds in the surrounding area. I was surprised at what I hadn’t noticed before as my passenger pointed out how to identify active streams from natural runoff areas from the air. I had my name on the volunteer list for a number of months before this flight came along so I doubt it will be my “next big thing,” but it was fun. The picture below reminds me just how fast the once empty farm land south of Fredericksburg is filling up fast. Where do all these people work?