• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
giant-meteor-2020-just-endit-already-64189223.png

The only campaign sticker I've ever put on my car.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Probably a weather radar. Lots of single engine prop planes put them on a wing tip as there is no nose cone.
Radar was my guess too, but googling other pics of that particular airplane (N44MT) taken from other angles, they look a lot like the tip tanks some Bonanza owners put on their airplanes (popular mod with those, D'Shannon Aviation makes them). I did a little more digging and a few T-34 owners have added tip tanks. Not sure what brand or model, although the A45/T-34 wing is practically identical to the Bonanza wing.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
But it looks like it is only on the right side not both. Doesn’t look like it would hold much either.

Edit: After googling, I see them on both sides and they look larger. So yeah, probably tip tanks.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
But it looks like it is only on the right side not both. Doesn’t look like it would hold much either.

Edit: After googling, I see them on both sides and they look larger. So yeah, probably tip tanks.

Tip tanks - optical illusion as the horizontal stabilizer is hiding the port wing tip from this view.
Many T-34A's and B's have aftermarket tip tanks for XC - I am told 20 gal. on each for 40 gallons total. Electric xfer pumps do the work. Hardware is all common with Bonanza and Debonair apparently.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Likely the best morning for a flight this 2020. Cool, smooth air, tons of visibility and not too many rednecks out chatting up the airways. Flew over my old high school and around Lake Anna. Saw lots of kayakers in the waters of Pagistan...nice day for them as well.