• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Everytime I see a 830 (or 930?) it makes me want to be independently wealthy. See also: GFC-500. Although the -x30 is probably the easier and more practical of the two.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Converting some dinosaurs to noise and vibration in the Southern Ohio sun today with @PEPfromage - skirting the edge of Wright Patts's Class D...
View attachment 26008
Took a flight myself this afternoon. Nice day, chased the Rappahannock River west, northwest and waved at some boaters out on one of the lakes.
Let's just say I'll have my revenge regaling you guys with shirt sleeve sunset flights in blue skies over fragrant citrus groves, and emerald green golf courses when you are frozen in under grey skies and sleet.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Let's just say I'll have my revenge regaling you guys with shirt sleeve sunset flights in blue skies over fragrant citrus groves, and emerald green golf courses when you are frozen in under grey skies and sleet.
Come on @wink we all know you are in Arizona. All you fly over are the bleached bones of Central American drug mules and a few cacti!

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Got a nice late afternoon flight in today. Flew down the Potomac, across the Middle Neck, and then up the Rappahannock. Funny thing, while flying along the creek to Menokin Bay I got a ping on my ADS-B reporting two aircraft, very close together, 1500 feet below me. The funny part...I was at 1500! I searched and searched convinced my device was crazy when I saw a flash on the bay...two light amphibious planes were taking off. Here is a picture of the bay and creek about where I saw them.

Once over the Rap River I dropped down to 500 feet and followed the river until I got too close to a local airfield to be that low.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Another successful Freedom of the Skies operation over the oppressed, mulch-spreading people of Pagistan!

I was able to jam their systems by tuning my AM radio to “Hoots Wallers Old Tyme Country Music.”

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I have a question for @Pags or @IKE or anyone else that has Pax River experience. On my flight yesterday I was vectored through some Pax River airspace (special treat for me!) and I flew over an airfield to the south identified on the map as KNUI. The place looked like a ghost town. Is it an active navy OLF? I would love to land there....add it to my list of “places I can land a plane and still get home.”

Pags

N/A
pilot
I have a question for @Pags or @IKE or anyone else that has Pax River experience. On my flight yesterday I was vectored through some Pax River airspace (special treat for me!) and I flew over an airfield to the south identified on the map as KNUI. The place looked like a ghost town. Is it an active navy OLF? I would love to land there....add it to my list of “places I can land a plane and still get home.”
KNUI is Webster Outlying Field, aka WOLF. These days UX-24, the UAV DT squadron, flies out of there. TPS also uses it for gliders.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
You can make Griz............once. Be a hero :D

That's like Ford Island. Every time on final to 08L at HNL I look out my feft window and think "I could land there."

Taking off again would be a whole different issue. But I could definitely land...once...