• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@wink you are starting to make me hate you. Why are you so cruel?
Well then, you should know, our UH-1B Gunship was pulled from the Commemorative Air Force Museum in Mesa, AZ to send to Anaheim for HAI (more about that later), we received another Cobra that will be restored as a static display aircraft as we are pulling parts from it for our flying Cobra, and we recently received an excellent UH-1H that is being restored to airworthy condition. If that doesn't make you envious, I'll let you know if we get an O-1 Bird Dog I can fly myself.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Update. Our UH-1B combat vet will not be at HAI. Instead our AH-1F Cobra left today for HAI. Most of the guys crewing the display will be from our SOCAL det. But one of the pilots from AZ will be there, Wes, knows me. If you see the awesome Black and Gold Cobra, stop in and say howdy.

I will be out at the Phoenix Open with our thrice shot down UH-1M gun ship. This video is of the placement of the Huey and promoting the Patriots Outpost. Listen carefully, that is free admission and 3 days of free food and drink for vets, reserve and active. See the link in the above post for details on how to get free admission. Stop by the Huey and say hi. Yes, that is a Navy Commander painted on the door as co-pilot :eek:.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
View attachment 24167So, can a former enlisted (gasp) Marine hang out here and talk private flying?
Semper Fi @skybert! I too am a former USMC grunt with just enough education to slip by the officer recruiters back in the old days! All are welcome to wax philosophic about their aircraft, flying experience, or pretty much anything.

Tell us about your bird. Looks cold where you are flying...Ohio?

skybert

Skybert
Michigan actually.

‘73 172, just bought it in November. It’s currently in the avionics shop getting new radios, and dual G5’s . Gonna play and do a little instructing.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
What is directly to the right of your AI?
Unless I’m mistaken that is a diagram for an old school fan marker used mostly for en-route navigation. As I recall they worked as a non-precision approach that used a flashing white light and a repeating dot-dash-dot signal. I don’t think there are any around any more.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
@ChuckMK23 must be the Official Special Weapons and Tactics DH of HELNONMONKSPANKRON...because...I’m the assistant to the assistant PAO [see avatar text to the left].
Request approved, but make sure you put out a new release.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Well, if you are going to get all PAO technical then yes, you are correct.
Yeah...I know I’m correct.

Also, since you’re the Skipper of HELNONMONKSPANKRON, I would like to professionally recommend that all of your posts here at AW be in red...you know...like a Skipper’s red pen...so everyone knows that you’re the Skipper. I want a NAM an Air Medal for professionally recommending this.