• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Is that the night mode on the iPhone 11?

I've played around with it and it's pretty awesome.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course we never had goggles in VS. First time I wore them was flying as a Tactical Flight Officer on Sheriff's Office helos. I had been flying a few years when we got goggles donated to us. My first flight after training was with a fellow volunteer who was an active duty Army ROTC instructor at the university. He was a TF-160 guy who was taken off flight duty because of a back injury in a crash. But, hey, we didn't care. He had a Class 2 medical and spec ops combat time. No surprise, THAT guy knew how to fly goggles. What a trip that was. For years you pretty much fly the same patrol over desert mountains and lakes, certainly same routes in and out of the airport over hills, THEN you put on goggles. I'll never forget it.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Leidos Flight Service (aka https://www.1800wxbrief.com/ ), the company that provides approved weather information for the FAA, announced Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice skills! "Alexa" or “Hey Google” and get METARs, TAFs, aviation forecast discussions at an airport, and adverse conditions.

Leidos also unveiled its own spin on weather-by-text-message. Send a text to 358-782 with “MT” (for METAR) followed by the four-letter ICAO identifier of an airport. Add “PT” to the message and it will come in plain text. If a TAF is available, that will be sent too.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well I did. I have joined the 21st century... Still a little bit of a work in process, as I'm not sure the autopilot is being fully told what it's supposed to do, but at least I can fly LPVs now!

49097165097_66e31bfeba_h.jpg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Well I did. I have joined the 21st century... Still a little bit of a work in process, as I'm not sure the autopilot is being fully told what it's supposed to do, but at least I can fly LPVs now!

49097165097_66e31bfeba_h.jpg
Lots of SA! Well done!