• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Hair Warrior

Contributor

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Random non-Griz aviation musing
A Tigercat ride would be top notch!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Wait now! The EMI King was a AOCS Snow Flake?
Hell no, dude!

I thought the white tape on the name tag was for being secured…or being a candio…or something along those lines…I was definitely NOT an AOCS Snow Flake. The Snow Flake thing was for candidates that finished super high in ALL THREE graded areas (academics, military, and PT), right? I was #1 in the class for PT but last in the class for military…maybe the white tape was for being #1 in PT?

LATE ENTRY: Gee whiz…maybe I put the white tape on the name tag to pose as an AOCS Snow Flake and financially gain from it! Damn! That would be stolen valor! :eek:

Last edited:

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Hell no, dude!

I thought the white tape on the name tag was for being secured…or being a candio…or something along those lines…I was definitely NOT an AOCS Snow Flake. The Snow Flake thing was for candidates that finished super high in ALL THREE graded areas (academics, military, and PT), right? I was #1 in the class for PT but last in the class for military…maybe the white tape was for being #1 in PT?

LATE ENTRY: Gee whiz…maybe I put the white tape on the name tag to pose as an AOCS Snow Flake and financially gain from it! Damn! That would be stolen valor! :eek:
I’d probably let you off with stolen medical tape rather than stolen valor. I must have been a real crap candidate because I can’t remember the tape on the name tag thing!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I’d probably let you off with stolen medical tape rather than stolen valor. I must have been a real crap candidate because I can’t remember the tape on the name tag thing!
Were you crap candidate two bar level? I was a lowly candidate two bar as a candio. There was one dude in our class who was a one bar as a candio…which made me feel somewhat better about myself.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I recall, back in my day (1979), the Battalion tapes you got for being secured were blue or yellow. If you had white tape, as you said, you had excelled in all there graded areas. I also do not remember anyone getting a plastic badge for the area in which they excelled. How many Batts did you guys have up and running. We had just II and III.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Were you crap candidate two bar level? I was a lowly candidate two bar as a candio. There was one dude in our class who was a one bar as a candio…which made me feel somewhat better about myself.
A lowly 2-bar although I strived for 1-bar status.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
As I recall, back in my day (1979), the Battalion tapes you got for being secured were blue or yellow. If you had white tape, as you said, you had excelled in all there graded areas. I also do not remember anyone getting a plastic badge for the area in which they excelled. How many Batts did you guys have up and running. We had just II and III.
I do remember the blue and yellow tape.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Two Batts in 1986…Batt I Bulldogs and Batt II Razorbacks…I think they were the Razorbacks…or maybe they were the Hedgehogs? Also, I had heard that during Vietnam, there was a Batt III.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Two Batts in 1986…Batt I Bulldogs and Batt II Razorbacks…I think they were the Razorbacks…or maybe they were the Hedgehogs? Also, I had heard that during Vietnam, there was a Batt III.
When I graduated and commissioned MGySgt Bearup saluted and said; “I knew you would make it, I just can’t believe you made it…sir.” Is that a compliment?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was in Pensacola in Sept/Oct 1986 going through NACCS. I always felt sorry for the AOCS guys….i even got saluted by a candidate (DI was watching from afar…laughing).