• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Pags

N/A
pilot
I took a Trig class. I think I did pretty well, but I don't remember any of it. I couldn't explain what Trigonometry is. Or for Calc for that matter. I think It's about a curve that never gets to zero. Screw it, I'm still pissed about the Indians changing their name.
As an engineer the important things I took away from my excessive amounts of math courses are that it's the kind of work you should make computers do. So find some smart math people who have either made programs that do math or hire some to make you some.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Reminds me of a 1980's vintage automated office mail delivery contraption that was in the DLA HQ complex. One of them made a few cameos in "The Americans" delivering mail at the FBI offices.

That's what I was getting at with my previous post. But a cameo!!!!? Dear sir, it was far more than a cameo. It was an integral part of the story line!

They had one at the BWI Westinghouse, as well, where my dad worked. They all called it Herbie.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
SOH CAH TOA is in Urban Dictionary. Well, it's in there in a couple places (NSFW).

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
A nice looking group of eager young people who are delighted at getting another chance / reapply to UPT. The IP's are all CAP IP's - mostly retired AF and airline guys in their 60's and 70's. All volunteering their time - DoD picking up hotel & meals only. Students are all on orders + per diem. Quite a generation gap!!

What?! :eek: You mean you guys had to pay for your own gas?

I keed, I keed.;)

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
It's a mnemonic for trig that I learned almost 30yrs ago that I still remember for what parts of the triangle to use:
View attachment 32644
Damn you‘re hitting some old brain cells and memories. Having a BS in Mathematics, I know more shit about triangles and Pi then I could ever remember. Funny because now almost 30 years since graduation, it really just looks foreign to me!