• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Treetops is a luxury golf resort - very swanky. We were all at Days Inn as well. I actually flew into KTVC because of rental car situation. Nice FBO too!
It is nice, we did a day of briefs there before heading up to the island. I couldn't do the Days Inn breakfast twice so I went to Tim Horton's next door the morning I left!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
@Griz882

What's up with the Grizcopter?
Parts are in and work has started. The factory rep found some “significant” maintenance issues (like missing parts that couldn’t be seen in a pre-flight and loose bolts) so the FAA was called back in and did their own inspection - now the IA who did the initial work is chatting with the FAA.

My guess is that I’ll have her back in about two weeks. Maybe it will cool down a bit by then!

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Parts are in and work has started. The factory rep found some “significant” maintenance issues (like missing parts that couldn’t be seen in a pre-flight and loose bolts) so the FAA was called back in and did their own inspection - now the IA who did the initial work is chatting with the FAA.

My guess is that I’ll have her back in about two weeks. Maybe it will cool down a bit by then!
Is that two weeks in “maintenance time,” or did you already factor that in for how long they told you it would take to fix?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
A shout out to Bose customer service - I have a 4 year old Bose A20 that suddenly experienced a mic failure. An email inquiry to Bose resulted in a shipping label and full repair in under a week - while they were at it, the headset was completely refurbished - all at no cost. 7 day turnaround door to door.

This is the second Bose A20 in my possession - upon Day 1 as a DAF, I was issued a new Bose A20 with Bluetooth, along with my flight equipment initial issue! The AF has gone totally to Bose A20 headsets for all pilots and aircrew - even for "admin" headsets for B-52 crews. The Green DC's are only issued to ground crews.

The A20 has been a phenomenal piece of kit. Highly recommended.

PEPfromage

Nursing the gout.
pilot
Night rehack in the Cessna 206 Stationair with @PEPfromage tonight. View attachment 31793
I miss those avionics already. Took out a 172 from a local FBO in the Norfolk area yesterday and it was...not that. Speaking of, if anyone is looking for a partner to time-build any ASEL hours around Hampton Roads, shoot me a message. @IKE Hey brother. Will have to get you onto the $100 hamburger site. It has a daunting $1 month paywall, but has some good info for that sort of thing.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Timely to the "Leaving Afg" thread, CAP over the last year has received a number of former ANA C182s that were targeted for primary training down range. These are stock aircraft, G1000, utility interiors, etc. The logistics of avgas down range resulted in this not being a viable solution, so found a second home with AF AUX.

Before:

and after:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Timely to the "Leaving Afg" thread, CAP over the last year has received a number of former ANA C182s that were targeted for primary training down range. These are stock aircraft, G1000, utility interiors, etc. The logistics of avgas down range resulted in this not being a viable solution, so found a second home with AF AUX.

Before:

and after:
Cue the airshow nerds going "squee" over a tacticool haze gray Cessna in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .