• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

HuggyU2

None
Chuck, after reading this, I am nearly in to tears of sadness that I didn't make it this year.
This just steels my resolve to be there next year.
Great post... looks like you had a great time at the coolest event of the year. Congrats!!

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Fantastic post @ChuckMK23! I will have to try to get there next year. The traffic looks like a road race to the last parking spot at the mall, but I have to agree that there is nothing like a "fast" break, close in, approach to get most people to raise their eyebrows!

As for me, my little ship is down for a week waiting for a part to arrive. :(

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."

That is what kicked off the whole "Legacy Flight" and "Heritage Flight" programs - Snort and the Tigercat.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What’s Snort up to these days? Too bad his attempt to get civilian Tomcats flying the air show circuit didn’t work.

I wonder what number wife he’s on now. When I knew him on TR he was on #3. Then he married and divorced Patty Wagenstaff from what I understand. I think there was a Lear Jet heiress in there somewhere.

I still remember his response to “what happened to wife #2. “My wife was doing the shopping and my neighbor was doing his grass. I was doing his wife. Unfortunately his wife took longer than both shopping and grass.”

Another late night bridge conversation with Snort brought out this pearl of wisdom. “I’ve married for love and I’ve married for money. Hopefully someday I’ll marry for both. But if she fucks like a jack rabbit and sucks like a Hoover, I’ll settle for either.”

Last edited: