• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Racism in the Military

robav8r

None
Contributor
While not directly related to racism in the military, I fear this event will stoke the fires of racism and hatred that we'll be dealing with for awhile, regardless of you you are and where you work . . . .

RoarkJr.

I am white and grew up poor and lived in trailer parks.

I experienced racism and violence almost exclusively from blacks. Then am told that I am privileged and that my experience is anecdotal. I categorically reject that.

The reality is that racism is far from being mostly white on black. It knows no one color. Anyone who grows up poor knows this. Unfortunately our educational infrastructure has been hijacked by radical ideologues who hide their impotence behind feigned righteous indignation.

Equality of Opportunity > Equality of Outcome

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The whole Birther thing was racist. Nothing to do with policies.
Bull shit. It had to do with wishful thinking to get rid of Obama as President because they didn't like his policies.

Kind of like the Dems / libs making up Russian collusion to try and get rid of Trump.

Plus the person that first brought up the question of Obama's birth place was a Hillary campaign staffer.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The reality is that racism is far from being mostly white on black. It knows no one color. Anyone who grows up poor knows this. Unfortunately our educational infrastructure has been hijacked by radical ideologues who hide their impotence behind feigned righteous indignation.
Exactly. Much more succinct then my posts.

But this will never be acknowledged as it's doesn't make good headlines or conform to liberal ideologies.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
My counter without even reading it
I'll respond to this with an excerpt from an interview with the DiAngelo:

“We have to stop thinking about racism simply as someone who says the N-word,” she says. “This book is centered in the white western colonial context, and in that context white people hold institutional power.” This means understanding that racism is a system rather than just a slur; it is prejudice plus power. And in Britain and the US at least, it is designed to benefit and privilege whiteness by every economic and social measure. Everyone has a racial bias but, as DiAngelo is determined to establish, “when you back a group’s collective bias with lingering authority and institutional control, it is transformed”.

That is why she is scathing of those who claim “reverse racism” exists; after all, people of color can show prejudice against white people. It is equally condemnable, but this form of discrimination does not come with systemic privilege and so is not racism as per the modern definition.

She also argues that what HAL and others call "reverse racism" is really prejudice.

Edit: In addition, the irony is not lost on me that HAL is the author's target audience for this book.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Let's see if the Mods censor you for the personal attack.....

So this is just another liberal "white privilege" piece.

Last edited:

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
She also argues that what HAL and others call "reverse racism" is really prejudice.
According to her strict definition of racism, it doesn't exist in America. Not only are there absolutely no formal institutional policies regarding the mistreatment of people because of their race, having one is specifically forbidden by law.

RoarkJr.

I'll respond to this with an excerpt from an interview with the DiAngelo:

Edit: In addition, the irony is not lost on me that HAL is the author's target audience for this book.

I recommend some of Jordan Peterson's work in this area.

The West is unique because it is based on an idea; The fundamental dignity of the individual. This is the basis for our justice system (innocent until proven guilty) and finds its roots in the Judeo-Christian ethic, e.g. the janitor is worth just as much (spiritually and legally) as a rich person (ideally).

So this woman has granted herself the authority to discount incidents of racial violence because she has decided the victim (regardless of socioeconomic status) has this elusive "institutional privilege."

This is an example of trying to eliminate the individual in favor of collectivism. Dangerous path.

exNavyOffRec

While not directly related to racism in the military, I fear this event will stoke the fires of racism and hatred that we'll be dealing with for awhile, regardless of you you are and where you work . . . .

I wonder if the anger will be directed at whites and asians given that who was involved in this.

It is hard to say whether the one guy should or should not have been given disciplinary action as what is demeaning language to one person may not be to another. Giving info about past incidents and complaints without given details allows people to use their imagination as to what the issues were.

Mos

None
Let's see if the Mods censor you for the personal attack.....

So this is just another liberal "white privilege" piece.
If you think that was a personal attack, what would you call this?
Launching you to Uranus. It’ll be familiar to you.
Or this?
Nobody can explain anything to Brett. He’s omniscient- just ask him....
Or...
I see the village’s idiot has returned.
Or...
Says the guy who continually throws out pompous arrogant holier-than-thou bullshit all the time.
Or...
Keep digging. Maybe soon you'll bury yourself and relieve us from your misery.
Or...
Or maybe we just don’t give a shit about what you post.

It’s that simple.

That's just the last couple of weeks. I think you give people you dislike a hard time here, which to me is fine, but it comes across as pretty lame when you cry foul when opponents so the same.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
If you think that was a personal attack, what would you call this?

Or this?

Or...

Or...

Or...

Or...

That's just the last couple of weeks. I think you give people you dislike a hard time here, which to me is fine, but it comes across as pretty lame when you cry foul when opponents so the same.

MAGA Karen wants to speak to the manager of AW!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
it comes across as pretty lame when you cry foul when opponents so the same.
The Mods have censored me on occasion yet never censor those that post the same way toward me. I want fairness. If they leave my post (all not just some) alone, then I'll not complain about posts attacking against me. It's that simple.