• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RA-5C story

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocinco

A lot in that vitriol. You seem a little confused...mixing statements of reality and clips from a game. I can see this going exactly nowhere.

This one: As far as exploiting anyone who flew in Vietnam, a lot of people do it. They do it in things called "books".

I got what I needed. I don't need this.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Then you've got it all, yea-as ???

USS America, Air Wing 8, VA-82 Waldo's OR VA-86 Sidewinder's flyin' A-7C's w/ Walleye's and/or Mk84's, if memory serves it was probably 6 OCT '72 even thought the pix says "5 OCT" (date line problems for the AI's .. ??).

It put the kibosh to the Thanh Hoa Bridge.

DJ Bridge?? What's that ???

As a wee enlisted lad I was the shop super at AIMD for fixing ECM and Walleyes. Used to see some nifty videos of the bomb doing it's thing to bridges and whatever happened to be on the bridge at the time. Pilots had an unusual sense of targeting.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
zerocinco said:
Then you needed ... what ?? Bupkis?? A virtual enema ?? 'Cause that's what you got: well done, CAT ... :)

I really do remember a lot – but very little about your precious "bridges"....But I don't remember very many stinkin bridges! .... I never heard of "Canal Des Rapides" and I don't know what the frack "rust pickers" are ... hardly a "nasty place where the USN directed traffic" as you say. Where do you get this stuff? .... Where do you come up with this lingo? Is it Air Force? ...While perhaps "busy", I never ... had a problem keeping my lead in sight; never had a problem "arming weapons" - it was second nature after a while - and our "intervolometer" was set on deck before departure, so that wasn't a problem.... And we didn't "skud fly" over the North. It was prohibited....

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Personally, I question you ... Are you for real? Regardless, I question anyone who has a business that exploits anyone who flew in Vietnam. Questions?

Ditto ... and ditto ... and ditto ... and dotto ... and dutto ... and ditto ... let's send it back to him in code -- mebbe in the form of a "hymn" ... see if he can "skud (sic) fly" that one over the countryside while setting his "intervolometer" ... (where DID he ever come up w/that one ??? :)) while laughing all the way and "bombing the wrong country" ....

I once "got bombed" in the "wrong country", but that's the best I could do .... dit ... dit ... dah ... dit ...

Message follows:

· · — .
· · —
— · — ·
— · —

· · · ·
· ·
_ _ :D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this dude talking about stuff he did in his computer game? I've heard guys telling "virtual war stories" like they were the real thing, but never to a bunch of guys who had actually BTDT IRL.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I do recall the Great Santini using the (pejorative?) term, Rust Picker. The only time I ever heard it was in that movie. I seriously think this guy is talking about his 'puter gaming exploits.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
rust-picker(n.): A derogatory term for members of the US Navy. Rarely an endearment.

EDIT: Here's a map with Canal Des Rpaides. Seems there was a bridge there at some point, but you BTDT guys will have to verify whether that means anything. I just thought I'd try and contribute what I could to "vet" the guy's credentials. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
rust-picker(n.): A derogatory term for members of the US Navy. Rarely an endearment.

Roger that & yeah ... but see, here's the deal-io:

It's NOT a "real" term ... it was NEVER used in the ol' days. The Zoomies would call us squids, swabbies, swab-jockeys, and so forth ... but not "rust-pickers". It's something that gamers and/or movies have conjured up. IT ISN'T "REAL" ... :)

And I think that answers most of MY questions re: "zerocinco" ... and WTF is that supposed to represent?? An O-5 ??? :sleep_125

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Just my $.02 here

If zerocinco is 40 years old... as he himself states in his profile... that means he was born in 1968 or so...

So... he was around 5-ish when the war ended (at least "officially") in 1973.

So... some of his quotes are a little curious:

Yankee Air Pirate is supposedly what Ho Chi Minh called us. ..... It is certainly what we called ourselves in one particularly loud drinking song. Anyone who is one knows the significance of the phrase.

To a gamer, making a landing at Ubon (where I have also limped into with missing chunks) is pretty mundane compared to fantasy crap.

phrogpilot73

His profile states he's a 40-year pilot. Which I read to mean he's been flying for 40 years. Take it for what it's worth...

brownshoe

Contributor

EDIT: Here's a map with Canal Des Rpaides. Seems there was a bridge there at some point, but you BTDT guys will have to verify whether that means anything. I just thought I'd try and contribute what I could to "vet" the guy's credentials. :)

I was never called a "rust-picker" never heard the term either. And, I was in the Navy during the 60's. I call BS.

Steve

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
A lot in that vitriol. You seem a little confused...mixing statements of reality and clips from a game. I can see this going exactly nowhere.

This one: As far as exploiting anyone who flew in Vietnam, a lot of people do it. They do it in things called "books".

You don't need this because you're talking out of your ass? If you're a fraud and come on this site trying to pretend to be something you're not, well guess what? We've got the real deal here, aviators who have been there done that. They are going to see through you BS and call you on it. This is the last place a fake and a poser needs to be. Think about it.

brownshoe

Contributor
We've got the real deal here, aviators who have been there done that. They are going to see through you BS and call you on it. This is the last place a fake and a poser needs to be. Think about it.

And, us enlisted guys as well.:)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.