• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RA-5C story

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocinco

I am the publisher of a simulation called Yankee Air Pirate. We recreate actual combat missions from the air war in Vietnam. The updated version 2 is almost ready for release. Yesterday we were offered an RA-5C (not the real thing; a 3D model) for use in the game. But we are limited by telling only stories we are told. Granted, all fighter pilots are BS'ers but good BS is good enough.

If there is someone on this forum who has a story, let me know. It's too pretty a plane to not include in the game. But we don't do Google stories.

Slamming it down on one of our carriers is a challenge.

waistcat.jpg

2ndGen

Third times a charm
Why would you name your game "yankee air pirate?" I'm not sure how some of the guys on this forum will take that.

zerocinco

Yankee Air Pirate is supposedly what Ho Chi Minh called us. I think the POW's were forced to admit to being Yankee Air Pirates also. It is certainly what we called ourselves in one particularly loud drinking song. Anyone who is one knows the significance of the phrase.

2ndGen

Third times a charm
Yankee Air Pirate is supposedly what Ho Chi Minh called us. I think the POW's were forced to admit to being Yankee Air Pirates also. It is certainly what we called ourselves in one particularly loud drinking song. Anyone who is one knows the significance of the phrase.

That is what the NVA called downed pilots in Vietnam. I just couldn't tell if there was a negative implication.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Nothing at all wrong w/ the term "Yankee Air Pirate" ... I'm one; always have been, always will be ...

I wear this patch (left) on my flight jacket then and now, as did many of my contemporaries ...

The term was a Vietnam era follow-on to the 30's comic strip "Terry and the Pirates" --- to oversimplify the connection as I'm not going to give you a complete history of the Second Sino-Japanese War: we were "Yankees" ... they considered us "Pirates" ... and you know the rest of the story. :)

zerocinco

Me too. So who knows an RA-5C story? We have some great ones from RF-8's and RF-4B's and RF-4C's and RF-101C's but we have none for the Vigilante.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Is is true that "Yankee Air Pirate" was a pun, or spin, on our Asian counterparts inability to pronounce "L's"?

Status
Not open for further replies.