• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick question about DOD Windshield Decal

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Apparently here at Corpus they gave a ticket to the Geedunk truck for going 17 in a 15.

Oh, and to anyone who remembers my own problem with my car inspection and such, I beat it. I showed the man whose boss!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Some AF bases have done away with the DOD sticker altogether. Doing away with the DOD sticker basically takes all bite out of on base speeding tickets.
The Air Force and Army visitors to at least one Naval facility I "visit" on a regular basis have been lobbying for ... drum roll ... no more gate guards and/or ID checks coming from the guard shacks at the gates. This I know ...

The "official" reason ... ?? They consider getting "carded" unwarranted and discriminatory. This I don't know ... so don't ask me how it could possibly be considered "discrimination" ... that's just what a couple of MA's told me ... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I understand the idea of DoD stickers (despite the redundancy of checking IDs with them), but I don't understand why they have one for each base.....
What's redundant about checking ID's?? Anyone can use/steal a car and gain access ...

We do use regional stickers up here in the used-to-be-great NW ... it says "NW Region" or something similar on the sticker. Its not base-specific like it was in times past .... I believe that is the overall trend ...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Some AF bases have done away with the DOD sticker altogether. Doing away with the DOD sticker basically takes all bite out of on base speeding tickets.

All AF bases are done with decals, according to a couple buddies at Langley. The idea is that they do 100% ID checks anyway. It's not like the old days where you were waved through the gate without an ID check if you had a sticker. Makes sense, if they really wanted to track tickets they could do it the way the rest of the law enforcement world does it: license plates.

phrogpilot73

As much of a pain in the ass it is for each base to have it's own rules, it does have its merits in Force Protection. How is Hajji going to figure out what he has to do to slip in under the radar, when we don't even know!?!

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
As much of a pain in the ass it is for each base to have it's own rules, it does have its merits in Force Protection. How is Hajji going to figure out what he has to do to slip in under the radar, when we don't even know!?!

He can plead ignorance like the rest of us?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....How is Hajji going to figure out what he has to do to slip in under the radar....
Oh, it was much easier @ 10 years ago ... during the don't ask, don't tell glory days ... (give me a little slack on my comparison, please) ... as there was NO security on the gates at NUW (for example -- I couldn't believe my eyes) and any "radar" that one need "slip under" had been converted into a planter. Of course, after 9/11 we had MG's sitting on top of HUMVEEs and camo-bunkers at the gates and new 50 yard perimeters around the Commissary & Exchange sucking up beacoup parking spaces. Typical pendulum swing reactions ...

10 years ago, Hajji didn't need to do much thinkin' ... he just had to drive through the gate singin' .... "
Allāhu Akbar" or any one of his many favorite children's songs ... :)

No one got "carded" ... 'cause no one cared. :sleep_125

talibantruckxy6.png

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I really could care less about showing ID going through the gate, but I do love it when you choose the wrong lane to be in here, and you sit there for 15 minutes while 100 cars next to you get in cause some junior MA decides that he is going to be an ass to everyone. Either way, at least I normally get my "good morning ENSIGN, have a good day ENSIGN" greeting along with a nice sloppy salute :D

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Back in the mid-late 90's P'cola NAS did the same thing as A4's describes. Not only were there no guards at the gate, they were even talking about knocking down the shacks... which was met with resistance only because they have some history. You could literallly drive through and never go slower than 45. Then 9/11 happened and then you couldn't get a greased bb through the gate.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Concur. In the last few weeks, I've gone through the gate at both Montgomery and Randolph AFBs in a rental w/ nothing more than my ID. The other night, we rolled through in an unmarked rental SUV w/ four dudes in civilian clothes and a bunch of equipment in the back. Nothing to worry about there.

This was the same cop who would harass our AWs for running facing traffic.

Funny, that's exactly how you're supposed to do it. Jackass.